PS Audio Power Port vs. Hubbell/Leviton

Has anyone compared the PS Audio Power Port outlet to the upgraded outlets available at Home Depot from Leviton, etc.? I looked yesterday, and the Depot had commercial and industrial (although not hospital grade) outlets, and although the outlets looked a little more durable, the electrical contacts didn't appear much different than standard. Obviously, the Power Port is a lot more $$$, but I'm wondering if it isn't understandable for nickel plating on the contacts.

Also I've seen some references on these threads to cryo treatment...could someone elaborate?
rsuminsby
I used to work for Hubbell. You will get no sonic improvement from the hospital grade as opposed to the commecial grade, regardless of what anyone tells you. Leviton is junk.
I work for Nokian tyres they are the best, everything else sucks, if you use anything besides Nokians your an idiot and wasting your money. There is no other possibilities but what I say for I am the all mighty. I figured Sagger offered his help I should as well ;)

FWIW I use Leviton and noticed a very audible improvement from my 25 year old falling apart standard commercial grade outlets, but I guess I am kidding myself. I have never compared directly to hubbell, 6 one way half a dozen the other. YMMV.

Tim
FIM has an outlet for about $60, which Galen Carol really raved about in his last newsletter.
Routlaw, If you worked for Hubbell, you should be able to access the same data on their web site as the rest of us. Specifications on Commercial grade, 20 amp outlets, versus Hospital grade, 20 amp outlets are listed as follows:

Insulator for Commercial Grade = Nylon
Insulator for Hospital Grade =Thermo Polyester

Material for ground strap, Commercial Grade = Steel
Material for ground strap, Hospital Grade = Brass

Material for voltage contact, Commercial = Alloy Brass
Material for voltage contact, Hospital = Pure Brass

Material for mount strap, Commercial Grade = Steel
Material for mount strap, Hospital Grade +Brass, Ni plate.

The materials used in manufacturing Hubbell hospital grade products are higher quality, and should not surprise anyone that they sound better. Just compare the insulators and conductors, not even considering the plating and grounding specs.

Tireguy, for what it is worth, the Hubbell is better than the Leviton. Why don't you gamble $15.00 for a single piece and do the test yourself.

What you save on tire balancing alone could equip your entire system :^ )
I've got EIGHT Legacy AWD Wagons you guys can use to drive to HD in the snow to inspect the differences among AC connectors! Come and get' em!

Seriously, whereas the Leviton hosp grade is considered flawed, they make a GREAT Pro-grade PLUG for $10 that I prefer to the Hubbell. For outlets the P&S as modded by ACME is great. Wish somebody would make a cheap IEC that's sturdier than the Schurter....