Sakura Systems OTA Cable Kit

Has anyone tried this "minimalist" cable kit? After receiving a recommendation from someone with similar musical values to myself, and whose ears I trust, I could not resist ordering one. I will report on how they sound in a few weeks, but am interested in others' opinions too.

For those that have not heard about them look at www.sakurasystems.com for an interesting read. The cable sounds as if it is very close to the specification of the conductors in Belden Cat5. So I may have spent around 100 times what the kit is worth. We shall see.

If you have not heard this cable, please don't bother posting your opinions of how it MUST sound here. Nor am I that interested in hearing how stupid I must be to order this kit - it's my money and you are free to make different decisions with yours. Sorry for this condition, but I am bored with those that have nothing positive to offer on this site, and post their opinions based on deductive logic rather than actual experience.
redkiwi
Slawney
Where did you hear that the OTA was Cryo'd?

Have you measured what the Impedance is Per\Meter of the OTA?

And do you know what the exact Gauge of the OTA is as I do not have a wire Gauge?

TIA
Hi folks. Interesting discussion. I am thinking about buying a few meters of OTA cable. I use cheapo PVC CAT5 solid core cable now (two single cables, like the OTA cable). Does anyone know how big the difference is !? (in other words does it justify the $50-70 I have to spend on 8m of the OTA). Redkiwi, could you maybe explain the differences in more detail to me !?

Thanks in advance,

Fedde
Abex, here are answers.

>Where did you hear that the OTA was Cryo'd?

Right here, on this voluminously long thread, the following was posted on 12.05.01:

»Is it cold-treated, annelaed in some way, a mono-crystal filament, or an alloy of some kind?«

>Of course it is cold treated and of course it is mono->crystal, I could not imagine a good cable done other way.

Nevertheless, there is still some uncertainty about whether or not Storatos is cryo'ed..

>Have you measured what the Impedance is Per\Meter of the OTA?

My ohmmeter is currently not stable enough in the range required for such a measurement :-)

>And do you know what the exact Gauge of the OTA is as I do not have a wire Gauge?

Is its 0.4mm, then its 26 AWG.
Well I should have used a conversion table thanks!

This is a very long thread and I have tried to go through it a few times.You must have a photographic memory to remember it all!

Thx!
Someone that has seen the OTA stated to me in a mail that it is not a Solid Core ,but Foil. In a sense it could be as a close wire to it is Mapleshades Foil IC's from what others have stated here.

Any thoughts?