Cable "burning": Real or VooDoo ???

While i have my opinions on this subject, i'd love to hear from others that have tried various methods of "burning in" cables, what was used to do it, what differences were noticed ( if any ), etc... Please be as specific as possible. If your a "naysayer" in this area, please feel free to join in BUT have an open mind and keep this thread on topic. Sean
>
sean
Kevin: I'll ship "Jingle" to you along with my HTS2000 (after I totally screw it up trying to add a male IEC plug and upgrade the sockets:-). On another note: I have been burning in a power cord by running my computer with it. Is this doing a good job or is it a lame way to do it? I ran out of audio gear to run some new cords in on (and now have two pieces in the shop).
Frank, cables -shnabels- you're right, listening to Hejira again--after many years- was quite an experience. Thanks for reminding me.
Regards,
Has anyone ever tried to record the "breaking in " ? I have had new cables change sound dramatically, after so many hours of playing music . I do not know why,,,but I have noticed it . More with some cables that others. It would seem that there would be a way to record it . Just a thought,,,
I dunno. I had all my power cords and interconnects burned in on the AudioDharma Cable Cooker and cryo'd as soon as I bought them so I never got a chance to A/B the things.