Any Herron VTPH-2 Phono Stage Owners out there?

Has anyone recently purchased a VTPH-2? Any thoughts compared to other phono stages costing around the same price of $3,600? That still is a lot of money and a lot of good competition out there. I was also looking at a couple of the Sutherland units (the DUO and the 20/20).

Another concern is that I have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated Amp and was wondering how another tube phono stage would sound with the tube phono stage? Is it better to Mix solid state phono stage with a Tube Amp or keep it all the same (all tubes or all solid state?). My turntable is a VPI Prime with Ortofon Quintet black cartridge. Thanks!
djfst
Well, here's your chance. There is a VTPH-2 just listed on AudiogoN tonight (Sunday, 6-7) for $2500.
I would buy the used VTPH-2 and not look back. I have the regular gain model and have had no problems with gain while using low output cartridges: Dynavector mkiii and Ortofon Windfeld to name two. The unit sounds great. I bought it over a Pass Xp-15 which was also excellent. Rest of system: Basis 2500 Signature, Esoteric C03 preamp, Krell Evo 302e amp, Magico V3's, transparent cabling.
Just a technical note that will be obvious to most: I take it from reading these posts that the VTPH2 is set up for medium output MC cartridges (e.g., >0.4mV output). As such, the phono load resistance is probably set for some low value (compared to the 47K ohm standard used for 99% of MM cartridges and sometimes even with MCs), probably between 100 and 1000 ohms. (I gather also that Keith Herron will alter the load R to satisfy his customers.) But if the built-in load resistor is in the 100 to 1000 ohm range, then you cannot just add a SUT in order to use an MC with "low output" (<0.4mV, for example). The best course of action, if you think you want or need to use a SUT would be to inform Keith Herron regarding your choice of cartridge, and let him tell you what works best. You'd definitely have to use a 47K or similar load R at the input of the phono stage, if you couple the VTPH2 with a SUT.

For whoever asked, I am in Bethesda, MD, not on the West Coast.
The VTPH-2 can be loaded externally. There is a provision for external loading on the back of the unit near the MC inputs.
From what I remember, the VTPH2 has 2 sets of inputs - 1 for mm and 1 for mc. You can tie an external SUT into the MM (47K) input without issue. Also, regarding the MC impedance, Keith is an advocate of "infinite" loading. I believe the natural input impedance of the MC stage is 1Meg. As such, adding any load resistance 47K or lower will result is an input impedance that is essentially the value of the load resistor.