Any Herron VTPH-2 Phono Stage Owners out there?

Has anyone recently purchased a VTPH-2? Any thoughts compared to other phono stages costing around the same price of $3,600? That still is a lot of money and a lot of good competition out there. I was also looking at a couple of the Sutherland units (the DUO and the 20/20).

Another concern is that I have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated Amp and was wondering how another tube phono stage would sound with the tube phono stage? Is it better to Mix solid state phono stage with a Tube Amp or keep it all the same (all tubes or all solid state?). My turntable is a VPI Prime with Ortofon Quintet black cartridge. Thanks!
djfst
I'm not using a SUT with my VTPH-2 / AT OC9/II combo. I don't think I'm missing anything.
By the way, I'm NOT Keith Herron, though I do must certainly have known him for at least 20 years.
I have a cinemagSUT (identical to bobs device at a third the cost) and have swapped in and out. No difference if phonostage is run at 47k.
Well, here's your chance. There is a VTPH-2 just listed on AudiogoN tonight (Sunday, 6-7) for $2500.
I would buy the used VTPH-2 and not look back. I have the regular gain model and have had no problems with gain while using low output cartridges: Dynavector mkiii and Ortofon Windfeld to name two. The unit sounds great. I bought it over a Pass Xp-15 which was also excellent. Rest of system: Basis 2500 Signature, Esoteric C03 preamp, Krell Evo 302e amp, Magico V3's, transparent cabling.