Goodbye ZYX Airy 3

A recent ad on the Audio Asylum from SoraSound, tells of selling off the last of the ZYX R1000Airy3 SB cartridges for $1875 (was $3000).

This was about the same price that 2Juki sold them for, for years (also now gone).

Sad to see this expensive (but not absurd) gem go!

The Airy 3 had many fans and good reviews.

The Airy 3 has been replaced by the Airy 3 Premium line, introduced over a year ago. The Premium is about $1000 more.

Oddly there have been no reviews, and very little user info on the premium line that I can find. Are these "new" premium models actually better??? What is up?

SoraSound seems to "push" their own, "Universe" versions instead.
don_c55
If a seller is falsifying serial numbers then he's dishonest. That's reason enough for me to avoid him, regardless of price savings or other temptations. Call it naive, but that's how I was raised.
Do you think that Yen prices stay same back than and now? Forget the exchange rate and your other facts that are irrelevant.
In other words, if we have let's say x amount of dollar per product, than no matter what is the currency status the price per imported product may still be much more expensive. Check other dollar depended currencies -- pretty much same situation... Purchasing products from Europe still too much $
Don, the ORIGINAL zyx cartridge is the one with REAL serial number. I know what i'm talking about as i bought Zyx from Juki few years ago and it was fake serial, different manual and box without serial numbers (where should be serial numbers printed). It was OK cartridge (Airy-3), but i remember distortion problems with one channel for a long time on new cartridge. Remember that grey market ZYX can not be serviced by Nakansuka-San (he refuse them if the serial is fake like with all Zyx from Juki). As i said in another thread retipping ZYX with some other vendor is no longer zyx sound. So if the warranty/service is not a problem for you that's ok. But for me support by manufacturer is important. It is not a problem to find USED/DEMO cartridge from original source (disctributors) or sellers you can trust (they do not manipulate with serial numbers). Appart from ZYX i can say the same about Ortofon he's selling (also fake serials). I even remember fake Orsonic headshells from that source. Definitely not everybody happy about it.

I never got anything free from Sora Sound, but everybody knows that Mehran is top seller who taking care of his customers like no one else in this business.