Van Morrison "Duets"

I just purchased this album and can say that this is the first album I have received in a year or so that does not have any problems with surface noise, dishes or warps. The over all engineering is good to very good and coupled with quiet vinyl and decent remakes of his back catalog is an enjoyable listen.

The mix at times it a bit out of sorts but that is coming from a recording engineer's ears and you may or may not agree. However, I think for Van fans you are in for a treat. What you get is good performances, good engineering and a very clean and quiet pressing. Something that is not too common today. Also, you get 2 albums for around $20.00. Yes, they are shorter sides but that can increase the quality of the pressing.
raymonda
Mapman,

I understand completely, as I have about 3tb of digital that I listen to. However, most of that is what I have recorded, mixed and mastered.
3tb?

Must be high res I'm guessing?

Mine is mostly CD res. No higher res to date. Coming up on filling a 1.5 TB disk with over 2000 albums represented.

That's going to keep me busy listening for awhile....

I still do the occasional vinyl accumulated over many more years when I have something unique there I must listen to, but seldom just for format or sound quality. I am always diligently on the hunt for good cheap vinyl to add.

I have so much music these days it's more about listening to it all rather than a select few favorites. I put my server on random play often so I can just listen and enjoy and not have to decide what to listen to. It's all a blessing.
Duet albums are vehicles for stars on the downslide. Sinatra, Striesand and Bennett are good examples. These albums came late into their careers when they were no longer at the peak of their powers. Now we can add Van Morrison.
I think that most artists from the 60s need to hang it up. There are exceptions but many of these artists are embarrassing themselves. I guess they're well insulated from anyone who would tell them that it's over.

An interesting observation about Van and many other artists from the UK is that they were able to absorb and adapt American Blues and R&B remarkably well, but few were able to do the same with American country music, when country would seem to be the more straightforward, less difficult genre to absorb. Much classic country music has its roots in folk music from the UK too.