Synergistic Research PHT - Phono Transducer

Anyone tried these little things on their cartridge? If so, what was the result?
128x128oregonpapa
A friend purchased the PHT; the Purple Haze and Blue Velvet and I was amazed at the sound improvement they made. Each was different sounding even though the same size and weight. I am not sure what Ted Denny is doing but these work. My friend has a very revealing VAC system with King Sound King electrostatic speakers and the improvement is amazing. I tried them on my smaller turntable and since I couldn't put the PHT on the actual cartridge head I didn't hear as much improvement.
Thank you for the response, Hifimaiac ... much appreciated.

Anyone else care to comment??
Just to say there are others who perceive no difference, with vs without their PHTs. If you are really curious, it is my understanding that Synergistic offers a free home trial. "Free" in the sense that after you pay for the PHT, you have the right to return it for full refund within a specified time interval. I should think that such a using one's own system and ears would trump a collection of opinions you might get here from total strangers.

For me, the question has been one of mechanism. How does the PHT work, assuming it does work? If it's just affecting resonance at the headshell, then there are cheaper solutions.