For VPI Unipivot Owners, do you use antiskating?

I have a Scout 1.1 with Ortofon 2M Black. Have always read that unipivot arms do not require antiskating. I don't use mine. Any opinions?
adeep42
VPI arms apparently don't need it, according to VPI, but other unipivot arms such as Graham and Basis do need it.
Mine is a VPI Sound, a custom hybrid of the Classic 2 and Classic 3. Although it shipped with the anti-skating device it has never been installed. I also use the tonearm cable to achieve what I think is a proper amount of anti-skate.
This topic has been covered many times over in other threads. But FWIW, I can't hear the difference with or without, but use a smidge of AS anyway.

Reason: when I asked Peter Ledermann to check my Zephyr stylus (former primary cartridge), he reported uneven wear and suggested using just a little AS to even out wear.

Word to the wise: check your cartridge stylus from time to time to check wear patterns. Retipping can be expensive.
It is incorrect to state that VPI doesn't believe in anti-skating. Harry has stated that he greatly prefers the sound of his unipivot arms with the inherent anti-skating force that the tonearm wire loop provides, compared to a mechanical anti-skate device. He started including one only due to some customer demand, but does not really recommend using it for the best sonic performance. Of course YMMV, and in some specific setups the adjustable anti-skating may provide some benefit.