worst sounding great lps

Boss-born to run
Deep Purple-Machine Head
Meatloaf-bat out of hell
Stones-exile
128x128phasecorrect
I respectfully disagree on the Cheap Trick Live at Budhokan--I find their studio albums to be really flat and Budhokan finally has some life to it. Great record! Agree with Katy Lied. Derek and the Dominoes is great but just kind of muffled. Bop to You Drop (the first digital R&R record!)is okay and Ry is always great.
Phasecorrect, are you referencing "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull? If so, I strongly disagree! I believe there is a group called Aqualung, so maybe you mean them. JT's "Aqualung" is just an outstanding album in every way-including production. I have many versions and prefer the original UK vinyl and the 40th Anniversary Edition CD. I don't know what you are hearing but I consider the recording quality on my two versions above just outstanding. Don't take it personally.

I do agree with Mattmiller that the Led Zepplin recordings are pretty uniformly awful. Fortunately, the songs on several of the albums are so memorable that you can forgive the poor quality recording. Also, for the record I love ALL the Steely Dan records...especially Katy Lied.