currently own a vpi scout, looking to upgrade

I have had a scout for about 5 years and I am looking to upgrade. I have heard the vpi classic and although it sounds decent, I am not sure it necessarily sounds better or better enough to my ears. How much do,I have to spend to see a,significant difference? I have not heard many tables because there are not many available locally. Any suggestions would,be appreciated.
tzh21y
Could you post the rest of your system? Cart, phono pre, amp, cables, speakers, isolation devices, etc?

As Macbuddah and Stringreen suggested, the Scout has an upgradeable path and maybe you could find better synergy by experimenting with different ancillary equipments. Who knows, maybe a better cart or phono pre would do.

The Scout is good enough to hold on with many TTs costing much more. I owned one for a few years and it paired extremely well with the DV P-75 (in enhancer mode) and DV 17D3.

Just play around the Scout to see what happens.
I would say if it is an original Scout with acrylic platter, save the money and upgrade to the Scout 1.1 platter. The upgrade cost is $400 for the bearing and platter and will give you great results. I don't want to down play the Classic but realistically the best bang for the buck is the upgrade path of the Scout. Another option is going for the big platter upgrade and getting the Classic platter and bearing for $800.

Side note, Judyazblues, I'm guessing someone involved with my company really pissed you off at some point you seem to be everywhere, that's okay though because a Basis is a fine table as well and AJ is a great guy! :)
I think the scost is an extremely good value. Is the motor that comes with the classic different than the one on the scout? Does the heavier platter enhance speed control?
Why do you want to upgrade...what is it that you don't like about your system as it stands now