Why so many linn lp12s for sale

Has anyone noticed that suddenly Agon has numerous linn lp 12s for sale?
Today I counted 8! Is there something going on.....are they going out of style . Or is this just random sales fluctuation?
rrm
take a chance buy one, keep till there will be none or very little for sale and make some money.
i'm selling pioneer pl560 now at $400...600 depending on condition and functionality that i was able to get for $25...30.
I sold my LP12 30 years ago complete with toilet seat stoppers for legs and compressed springs that wobble. Sota sorted that out 30 years ago by hanging the springs. My old Sota still sounds great 30 years later.
To be fair, the modern Linns are better built. Sota was great sounding table. A lot tighter and more even sounding but I have not seen them up here in Canada for years while the Linn is still widely available.
I picked up my LINN LP12 around 1997, when vinyl was perceived as just about dead.

I didn't pay a lot for it - Cherry fluted plinth, glued pressed-steel subchassis (with CIRKUS bearing I think), Silver Ittok LVII, BPS H/O MC Cartridge, Trampolinn base, original lid, etc. - so I had the opportunity to have a play with it and experiment.

(It didn't owe me much, so what the heck!)

Now, I have a LINN LP12 super hot-rod!

She is currently fully loaded with: -
SHELTER 501 Mk2 installed and set to ALLEN WRIGHT's 'GURU' settings! (Amazing!)
LINN lid and hinges removed - never going back, should sell the lid, but its a handy 'spacer' in the original packaging
LINN Trampolinn base removed and sold - never pit two suspensions against each other, if you want to avoid foot-fall issues
Four (4) BLACK DIAMOND RACING CONES attached via hardened metal threads, threaded into the plinth beneath each corner
LINN VALHALLA power supply and all bits removed and tossed
ORIGIN LIVE ADVANCED DC MOTOR kit installed - still have the LINN AC motor in reserve
LINN TOP PLATE reversed so that DC motor torque pulling from front left - torque in-line with the tonearm, not across it
LINN (Glued) Pressed Steel sub-chassis dampened extensively with BLU-TAC - and suspension readjusted (tightened springs a few turns) to allow for additional weight
BOSTON AUDIO Carbon matt installed on top of existing felt mat

Man... You should hear it now. It performs like a veritable dragster!

More surgery about to be performed: -

Going to bore 30mm horizontal holes through the sides of the cherry plinth, in an attempt to lower mass and increase rigidity
Going to completely re-dress the plinth in the process - perhaps go for a new colour? - in an attempt to make this baby look as good as she sounds.

Thinking about trying the old LINN AC motor again, this time with a Armageddon-style power supply too...
Thinking about getting an engineering mate to knock me up a new - thicker - stainless top-plate...
Thinking about trying a new Tonearm phono cable to clip-on under the Tonearm. (But quite pricey!)
Even thinking about the fabulous-looking GREENSTREET subchassis...(Also quite pricey)

What I'm trying to say here is that LP12s are now the perfect garage hot-rod project for us tinkerers whose wives won't let us strip down a car in the living room. And the LP12 really responds big-time to every tweak. There are so many cottage industries out there now, all trying to add their 10-cents worth of magic to improve the sound of your LP12 that it really is almost like hotting up and old classic car. There are forums galore!

THIS IS FUN!

Those who are still bitching about whether the LP12 is a great turntable or not are all missing the point. It does not have to be the best in the world... Who the hell gets to hear every turntable in the world and make that assessment anyway? (Frankly, I reckon its hard to buy a bad sounding turntable these days anyway...)

The point is that THIS IS FUN FUN FUN! You gotta try it!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Having had my LP12 in bits soooooo many times - and reassembled perfectly - I can confirm that once you set them up, there is simply nothing to go out of adjustment.

The LP12 will stay on-song for years as long as you don't drop it, jump on it or do something really stupid. There is nothing at all - NOTHING! - to go out of adjustment. IMHO, that ongoing set-up legend was just a helpful bit of folk-law LINN came up with in order to create an ongoing revenue stream for its resellers - which also gave them the perfect opportunity to sell you the latest LINN upgrade, amp or whatever. (Hysterical... LOL!)