Donald Fagen-Sunken Condos

Just got done listening twice to the new Donald Fagen CD "Sunken Condos". It's EXCELLENT!

Typical Fagen/Steely Dan affair, but a little more funky. Actually, it could have been a new Steely Dan album.

Yes, I am biased because Steely Dan is my favorite band, so they could probably sing the phone book and I would like it, but this really is a very good new album.

I favorite tracks are: "Good Stuff", "I'm Not The Same Without You" and "Out Of The Ghetto".

I'm still shacking my "groove thang" and the the CD has been over for awhile. This album seems to stay with you...
128x128mofimadness
I agree!! Let put's our guns away for another day.

Dan's lyrics are surely crytic, though not necessarily outrageous "Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening" is a great throw away line As if listening to a "Peaceful, Easy Feeling" will somehow mute the exchange of gunfire in a cozy suburban parlor

Fagen and Becker as "beat poets"; I guess so, if they are pushing 60 to 65. Maybe, they should written a rock opera using Allen Ginsberg monumental poem, "Howl". That would have been quite an interesting set of songs. The work may have run neck and neck with "Tommy", and the (non operatic) "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band"

I think Dan can bring a smile to anyone and not in the form of therapeutic pablum, by creating snapshots of quirky and also disturbing moments. "Katy Lied" and "The Royal Scam" lay a photo album on the coffee table and the listener( or viewer) can't turn away.

I think the Beatles did this the best starting with Revolver, SPLHCB, The White Album, and ending with Abbey Road. However, behind the harlequin mask, the lyrics in this chain of pop songs portends something ominous and troubling
Note to self: The oddly insecure can be VERY sensitive to sarcasm or "Teen Wolf" soundtrack references, possibly triggering tropical partnering fantasies. "Beach Boy...get that dude his meds...he seems ominously troubled." This thread reads like a Walter Becker song.