Basis table or SME

I am looking to acquire a high end table. I currently use a Forsell Air Reference. I really like the build quality and support that Basis provides and have heard equally good comments about SME tables as well. I would appreciate your feedback on both or either of these tables. I'm considering a Basis 2500/2800 Signature or a Basis Bebut Signature or an SME 20/3 or 20/12. I am open to other suggestions that are designs based on proven technology with excellent customer care. Thanks very much.
rmarcus5757
Is there much sonic difference between the vacuum and non-vacuum versions of the Basis?
Wrm57, yes and no :-)
No big difference when you own perfect, flat records
A real difference when you own warped records, a lot of Arms have real
problems to hold the VTF when moving up and down, you can hear that (when
the rest of the System is good for that).
Reissues with 200gr are pretty flat, unfortunately they don't sound as good as
their originals (generally), when you buy originals, then this vacuum version is
the way to go.
Another advantage from the vacuum Version is, the record does not "slide"
while playing (there is a resistance when the diamond is in the groove), a non
vac. version can be clamped, but with the vac. Version is simply all done right.
Syntax,
I bought last reissue exactly last year. Now any "new" records are only bought "used" and original or bad-to-worst early re-issues.
First dissapointment came from Classic Records re-issue of Tom Waits "Swordfishtrombones". The record and jacket looked pretty fancy, but onced placed on record sounded mediocre(politely speaking) compared to my original one. Than there were a few more. I guess all of them sooner or later will become cheaper than used ones