Advice on Equipment Upgrade

I need some help on what is making my system sound a little dull in the midbass snares toms ect. My system is in a 10.5 x 12 ft room open on the long end. I have Dynaudio Contour 3.0's with a REL B2 sub connected to a McIntosh MC352 solid state amp using a Prima Luna ProLogue Three Tube Preamp. My Source is now a Upgraded REGA P3/24 with a Nagaoka MP200 Cartridge MM. I'm using a Tiny Riaa Phono Input that was incuded on the Prima Luna. My Cables are Nordost SPM skr wire and a upgraded cable for the REL by Signal Cable. And 1 unbalanced 1 meter cable from Morrow audio (MA-3). SO my question is Where are the Drums ??? Do I need a Dynavetor cartridge? Is the Primaluna phono the culpret? Should I invest in a quality Phono Preamp and get a low output MC cartridge? I just want my kick back in my system Its too Warm. Note: I was listing to Digital but I really like the Vinyl sound better for the Jazz and Classic rock.I know these speakers and they can sound much better and its not my amp.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Matt
128x128mattmiller
Everyone should be able to click on the SYSTEM button next to my name in this thread to see Pictures!! let me know if you can't.
Definitely worth your time to try the Mac preamp. Hopefully you're talking about a newer one, as it would be a perfect match for the 352. Also, here's some additional info I found. Prima Luna power amps have an input impedance of 100k, which results in a ratio of 35.7 with their preamps. Your MCD 201 directly to the 352 results in a ratio of 33.3. The Prima Luna preamp to the 352 ratio is 7.1.

The combination I had in the past was a tube preamp at 5k output hooked to a solid state amp with a 25k input, just no dynamics and dull, and this amp sounded great with a different preamp, very dynamic. Then I changed to an amp with a 100k input for the tube preamp, and even with less power, but sounded so much better, finally came alive.
Wow that puts it into perspective..no wonder i'm scratching my head ..I was worried that the preamp was not a good match.So any Ideas? I could sell the Primaluna but for what replacement? I dont want to spend $3000-4500 on a McIntosh. Any Ideas for Under 2,000? I want tubes and dont care about remote.I just want it to mate with the Mac amp better.
http://app.audiogon.com/listings?filter_category_id%5B%5D=31&items_per_page=50&listing_types_auctions=true&listing_types_classifieds=true&location_filter_radius=25&max_condition=11&min_condition=1&order_by=created_at+DESC&price_range=0&show_media=false
FWIW I run an ARC sp-16 pre-amp with Bel Canto ref1000m monoblocks (1000kohm input impedance, unbalanced).

I was listening to this running my small Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII monitors for hours last night (did not get much sleep). The sound is a magical combo of low fatigue, high detail, and excellent dynamics in the 12X12 office where they are located. I would strongly consider giving a good Class D Icepower amp designed to mate well with a tube pre-amp like any of the current BCs, or Wyred4Sound (65kohm input impedance ~ as I recall), an audition with any Dynaudio speakers.

These beefed up Icepower amps used with tube pre-amp are hard to beat IMHO. My system is very responsive to changes in ICs as well as a means of tweaking the sound. I like DNM Reson ICs for best overall performance including marvelous vocal detail that enables every word sung to be heard, but I also use less expensive MIT terminator ICs as an option for a less forward sound with more emphasis on the bass. Others would deliver other sonic variations effectively as well I am certain.

Stock Icepower amps are only 10Kohm, not a great match. BC, Wyred and perhaps others that target the high end home audio market add proprietary input stages to enable better performance with most tube pre-amps.