Miyabi 47 cartridge: How many hours does it last ?

I have an opportunity to buy a used Miyabi47 cartridge. What is the typical life expectancy of this cart, considering it is well maintained ? How many hours does it really sing without any significant deterioration ?

I remember reading somewhere it only does 1000 hours before starting to lose its magic :(. Is it true ?
pani
You guys a superb combination of fun and information. So, it is clear that 1000 hours mark for a Miyabi cart is a good time to consult the doctor. Now, the next important topic could be, in the absence of Takeda san who else can do a good job of retipping ?

Takeda Miyabis

I got my first Takeda Miyabi Alnico (later renamed to Standard based on the price policy of 47 Lab, they introduced the plastic body for 4k as their premium cartridge, later they also carried the Alnico and renamed it to hold the price hierarchy...it was great, in USA the Standard was - officially - much cheaper than in Europe :-)) in the 90's and it was running 10 years day in, day out. I guess 1000h is nothing for it.
Then I bought another one (I bought Miyabi 3x) and same story, always top Performer, I sold it to an audiophile who did visit me and wanted to have it. My 3. one was a spare and was at my Dealer's place, when I called him to send it, he sold it to one of his customers, ordered another one for me, but then Takeda gave the message, he will retire and that's it....
Retip is no problem for that Cartridge, but I think, they are rare to find.
I listened to 47Lab unit years ago, from my memory --> all those who knew both, preferred the Standard.
Thank you again Nandric and Syntax. Your words are giving me confidence to try out a Miyabi even though it might have done quite a few hours.

So, retipping might not be a problem, what about the cantilever itself ? As far as I know the original cantilever on the Miyabi47 and Miyabi standard is a special/secret recipe of aluminium alloy (correct me if I am wrong). If that requires any repair then ? Or is it that the cantilever normally doesnt require a replacement ?

One last request, if you do come across a Miyabi Standard or Miyabi47 in good condition for sale, please let me know at my email ID [email protected]
Dear Nandric,

Happy to be of humble assistance with you finding your way through the thin forest. Your adept logic is helpful for me to understand my misstep:

Syntax, okay, he is not a duck, good; howerver, then you have explained him to be bilateral flow of acoustical energy, this cartridge. When the particles move in an elegant forward wave-flow movement, music, yes! Whenever these particles circle back upon themselves, untold feedback; yep, an that is unfortunate outcome. It is helpful and enlightening that you described this one, not as bird (duck), but as a cartridge, thank you.

Someday, maybe you can go for this Standard; think of it as the top of your cartridge budget, but only one-half, or so, of your clothing allowance :-). Sort of, maybe a locus of reference around a two-for-one or half-off orientation, of course, your choice.

Best,

Fun Mostly,

Stitch.e
Dear Nandric,

Happy to be of humble assistance with you finding your way through the thin forest. Your adept logic is helpful for me to understand my misstep:

Syntax, okay, he is not a duck, good; howerver, then you have explained him to be bilateral flow of acoustical energy, this cartridge. When the particles move in an elegant forward wave-flow movement, music, yes! Whenever these particles circle back upon themselves, untold feedback; yep, and that is unfortunate outcome. It is helpful and enlightening that you described this one, not as bird (duck), but as a cartridge, thank you.

Someday, maybe you can go for this Standard; think of it as the top of your cartridge budget, but only one-half, or so, of your clothing allowance
:-). Sort of, maybe a locus of reference around a two-for-one or half-off orientation, of course, your choice.

Best,

Fun Mostly,

Stitch.e
Dear Stiche, I noticed your particle physics explanation
on 'what happens in a cart' but I always wanted to ask the
following question for which some 'courage' is needed. Ie
nobody like to ask stupid questions. But considering
the prices of all those copper or silver wire my pragmatic ego
won from my super ego. I want ask how those particles know
which way to go but like to check my assumption that wherever
they go they 'choose', so to speak, the most easy
'passage'. So if my assumption is correct they will avoid
all those soldering 'points' and travel confortable through
the least resistant matter (metal) involved.
While my American 'duck' got the luxure of my
most expensive tonearm with the (very expensive)
cryo treated wire from tags till the phono-pre I am emotionly
still bonded with my FR-64s with not only an removable headshell
but also with many 'soldering points'. Only to you I will
confess that I am not able to hear any difference between,
say , 'one single piece' of wire and those
'interrupted' by lead/silver soldering points.
My confession is at the same time my answer to
Halcro's question : 'do you hear any difference
between both kinds (removable/other) of headshells?'.

With Balkan greetings,