Moving coil with a bit less leading edge

I'm interested in a moving coil cartridge that offers a little less on the leading edge, and perhaps a bit more on decay or the trailing edge. In other words, something a little easier on the ears without sounding noticeably blunted or dulled. Thanks for your suggestions/impressions.
opus88
Hey Jeff, you experiences within the Dynavector line can be extrapolated to other cartridge lines as well.....and cable lines, amps, speakers, etc. The cost of diminishing returns hits fast and hard. It sounds as if you are facing a similar dilemma to when I changed from my VPI table/arm to a Basis table/arm. The Basis was much more transparent and revealing and Dynavectors weakness, a rather jagged higher end, is more exposed under such condition's. Dynavector's mate well with smoother sounding tables like the VPI.

The Benz line is a good reco, others that may also fill the bill would be a Koetsu, Shelter, Air Tight, Transfiguration, Sumiko or ZYX (silver). I haven't heard the Miyajima cartridges, so I cannot speak for them. You didn't mention a price range so I didn't mention specific models. I'm sure you can figure it out.

Cheers,
John
I can really recommend the Zu Audio modded Denon 103. It's at the bottom of the price range (c.$800) of such exalted MCs mentioned here, and I was skeptitical that it would be up there, but it has replaced a Transfiguration Orpheus (c.$6000+). I am just about to mod it for a further c.$500 by upgrading stylus and cantilever. A real giant killer.
Hi, you might try a Allaerts. I don't know what your budget is, but fits the sound qualities you are mentioning...

Allaerts are a little hard to get, only a one man company, but excellent quality and sound...Not sure on your budget, but my Allaerts MC2 Finish is pretty special..
Your comments might be right on the mark, John. And of course the required changes brought about by different, newly introduced equipment is always fun :-}. Kind thanks to you and others here for the recommendations. Based on what I've read about it, the Allaerts sounds very interesting but it's out of my price range. Denon might be too low on compliance. Otherwise, there's a good crop to consider from here.
Spiritofmusic gave a very interesting idea. These modded 103(R) are really something special, unbeatable for the price. Koetsu Black could be interesting, too. Impressive are also the cheaper Zyx carts...