Top jazz trios piano, bass, drums on vinyl?

Available on stereo LP would be preferred. Love Billy Taylor. Wish I had a chance to see him live. Are there any box sets of his works on LP? Who else?
sbrownnw
Lewm,
No need to apologize. I'll come clean myself and confess that a few months ago I finally OD'ed on jazz and just...lost interest. I didn't know what the hell happened; I just didn't feel like listening to any of my jazz records. If it can happen to a big jazz fan like myself with respect to ALL jazz, I can certainly understand how it can happen with respect to one particular record. As a side note, I was very glad I could fall back on classic rock, which my other favorite genre, to still enjoy my vinyl. I then thought of my my audiophile neighbor who listens exclusively to classical music. Being able to listen to only one genre of music exclusively always seemed somewhat of a disadvantage to me since the person misses amazing music in other genres, and then poses a risk exemplified by my experience. But I digress.

Anyone have the Analogue Productions' 45 re-issue of Waltz for Debby? I have never heard it. Just wonder how it compares to the 33's out there.

I neither have, nor ever heard the AP 45 RPM pressing of "Waltz for Debby," but last week, by an incredible stroke of sheer luck, I got the Analogue Productions 45 RPM reissue of "Sunday at the Village Vanguard" for...$10. I have not had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'd imagine it should give us a pretty good idea what "Waltz for Debby" on 45 would sound like. If you're interested, I'd be happy to report on my impressions.
We have a local jazz DJ who says every Sunday on his show that "jazz is the sound of surprise". For me that perfectly captures why I love jazz. I still have a childish love of surprise. So, when I hear "Waltz for Debby" for the umpteenth time (that one tune, not the whole album), there is no longer any surprise in it for me. I would love to hear Bill Evans play it live, one more time. I am sure he would do it differently from what he does on the recording, and I would dig it.

I have been listening to KOB since I was 15 years old. I lay off of listening to it for years at a time, in my later life, so as to preserve that sense of surprise and discovery when I do listen to it (the whole album, in this case).
I see some great suggestions here. A few of my favorite are "For Duke" on M+K. It is a direct to disc in honor of Duke Ellington. This is a very special record. I seldom play it for anyone but myself, unless someone is a real music lover or audiophile. Another is Muddy Waters on Fidelity 180g. When I am in a rock-n-roll mood, the Heart Little Queen is very well done on a London label.