USB cable..what do you have.

I just want to see what most people are using on their systems and why, would like to check out some new ones, but there are so many. Thanks for you replys. Would like to stay in the $200.00 range.
128x128drumsgreg
Locus Designs Nucleus. Not under $200 but they have one that is. My converter is the Sonicweld Diverter.Both of which might be overkill if your set up does not eek out the last bit of resolution, otherwise, they are a necessity.

Enjoy the search, jtb
Mihaitaa, I'm calling shenanigans. How does the USB cable change the speed of the bits going across the wire? We already know the bits themselves make it intact over a "regular" USB cable or else we wouldn't be able to USB on a computer. The problem with Adaptive USB is that there's no guaranteed uniformity with the responsiveness of the USB hardware on either end (or the software controlling the USB hardware). Also the clocking used in the PC and the DACs that have to "adapt" come into play. That latter can't be helped. On an idle system the former is most likely not that big an issue. The cable is not the issue in any case unless it is defective.
I have the LOcus Designs "Polestar" cable which Jb might be refering to: I think it retails for 249. I did not compare a bunch of cords, but found it to be a noticable improvement over the "stock" cable I had connecting my MAC to DAC. It was recommended to me by another high end wire manufacturer who I think very well of. John
Larry_s, cable-induced jitter is a reality. The cable won't "slow down" the bits, like traffic will slow down on a highway. Reflections in non-uniform and ill-terminated cables will change the shape of the signal and that will impact WHEN transitions through zero occur, and that's where the bits are encoded.
Jitter is not a uniform slow-down, is that transitions are not time-equidistant.
I know that many will consider digital interconnects snake oil. I've been in that camp too until reality forced me to face it.
Only the fact that my DAC uses asynchronous USB allowed me to use the cheapest cable sent by W4S. With all other DACs the quality of the digital interconnect had a significant say.
Of course, you may choose to disregard everything I said, that's your privilege and I respect that.
I'm not selling cables here, I'm only sharing an opinion which grew from experience and some technical background.
Here is a white-paper on sources of jitter:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue43/jitter.htm

Not all asyc USB interfaces are immune to jitter BTW.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio