Calling all owners - Jasmine LP 2.0 MKII

I've got about 4 full day's use on mine but do not like what I hear.

Question: How dramatically does this phono preamp change throughout break-in?

I hear distortion (spittiness and splashy bass as if it is running out of power) and a flat soundstage.

I am using the stock power cord and umbilical.

I compared it to my other three phono preamps - Hagerman Bugle, V-LPS, Biotronics Control Systems Gestalt (outstanding and extremely rare). They all are much clearer and cleaner.

It must be mentioned that I requested the Ebay seller to provide a reduction in global gain since I have loads of it with my Project Sunrise II headphone amp. They added a switch on the rear that cuts gain by about 5 dB.
roth_s
UPDATE on the issues I describe above:

The issue was not the fault of the Jasmine. It was several different tubes I was trying in my main amplifier. Cryo'd Russian tube, a few old stock GE's, Sylvania's. A very nasty streak of bad luck. The upshot is the Jasmine reveals all.

I have had a few supreme listening experiences since straightening out the problems. The Jasmine is very balanced, quiet, and refined. No need to upgrade to a different phono pre but I am sure I will try some modifications at some point. Right now I am really enjoying the sound.

@Sbrownnw: To kill the extremely bright logos, you need to remove the bottom panel. That will liberate the front acrylic face plate which the logo is printed on. Use a black wide-tip permanent marker and "black out" a strip of clear, satin finish office tape and apply it over the logo. Repeat to put a second strip over that. Assemble the Jasmine.
@Sbrownnw and others wishing to dim the bright logos - I found a much better way.

Print out a rectangle of black you create with Excel, MS Paint, whatever just to get a printout of black sized 1" x 2 1/2".

Open the case bottom plate, remove the face plate and use office tape to fasten the black paper you created WHITE SIDE FACE OUT so you see the white side once assembled.

I suggest you print out two or three pieces in various shades of black/gray and try out each in a dark room to get what you like.
Well I have the new LP 2.0MKII just got it last week out of China.
Been running it day and night for a week now with the new upgraded silver umbilical cord made by Jasmine, and a well broken in upgraded power cord.I still hear the extra brightness in the highs because the caps are breaking in. when does this stop? No one answered the question, how long is the break in peroid? How much does the sound change from the start of the breakin peroid. When I recapped my pre it took about a 5 weeks. At this point my old basic Lehman black cube was just as good except smoother in the highs
Next how many of you have replaced the coupling caps with the Jantzen superior z caps
I replaced my output caps with the Jantzen Superior z-caps on my Jasmine. I don't recall any brightness. Rather, it was like lifting a veil that resulted in greater clarity and life. I use a Denon DL-S1.

Have you checked the VTA on your tonearm? I use a magnifying glass and observe the angle of the stylus in the record groove and strive for 90 degrees. Then, I move the arm up or down for the best sound. I also lean towards the highest tracking force so the stylus properly tracks the grooves instead of skimming past the tiny undulations. When I lose dynamics, I know it is too heavy.
well I use a Shelter 501 mk II with a origin live silver tone arm on a nice origin live Calypso tt on a Ginkgo cloud. and yes after 40 years I got the vta thing figured out. Man the cloud made more difference then the Jasmine has so far. So I am to believe from your comments this phono sings right out of the box and no break in time is required? the phono's sound does not improve much after a certain period of time break in time? just replace the coupling caps to improve the sound?