Some tables have soul and some not

Why is that? Do you think it is always very subjective?
Say, Nottingham Spacedeck does have it and SME does not even if in some respects SME can be called a better or depending on model much better table.
Thoughts, opinions, name callings ?
inna
YES- The post-nazis have closed the thread about, 'Post Protocol.' So much for our First Amendment rights to Freedom of Speech. Given how badly this site now $UCKS, with it's, "new improvements", perhaps it will become, 'AudioGONE' before long!
Hey Nandric,

1) They are called "universal" quantifiers because they they say that the sentential function is true of everything, not because every generalization contains one.

2) Frege may not (or may) have used the word translated as "context", but there are at least three senses in which context was crucial to Frege's thinking. One is the so-called Context Principle, that only in the context of a sentence does a word have a meaning. Another is the idea of an opaque or intensional context, in which the principle of substitutional of co-referential terms salva vertitate does not hold -- or rather, as Frege would have it, in which we have to treat the customary sense as the referent in order that that principle hold. A third is in the case of determining the referents of indexicals.
3. There are ever so many kinds of sentences of which Frege never managed to give an adequate logical analysis, and while some progress has been made since his day, there remain many for which no such generally accepted analysis is forthcoming. These include sentences involving deontological elements, sentences involving attitude attributions, sentences involving explanation, and many more. So no, YOU can't analyze every sentence because you have read Frege.
4. Wittgenstein sure as heck did understand Frege's analysis of subject predicate sentences. he also took Frege's own context principle far more seriously than Frege himself did.

You are right about one thing. You haven't completed your study of Frege.
Timeltel
I'm glad that you understood the satire without reading far too much into it, humour can cure many afflictions.

Also I'm flattered that you would welcome me to tip a few on your porch, swap stories and enjoy some music.
Kentucky is a beautiful State and I picture your place in a very tranquil rural setting, it's all good.

Timeltel here's a bit of more humour.

I found Nandric referring to me as a French Canadian as satire good humour that fits well up here.
In Canada we have the Province of Quebec with about 8 million French speaking Canadians with many that dislike the rest of English speaking Canada, this issue kind of ties in with Riks perception of the country of France itself.

It's not uncommon while visiting in Quebec to be treated rudely and at times to be told in broken English, no speak English.

I scrugg it off but others have found if you wear an American pin flag on your lapel and try to pass yourself off as an American, you will get clear well spoken English back at you along with far better service.

Some Quebecers refuse to learn English, one high profile case was Celine Dion. She finally had to learn English if she wanted her career as a singer to go anywhere.
There are immigrants to this country that all ready know how to speak English before they even arrive.
Well this is the French Canada and France won't take them back.

Nandric
Innuendos and put downs mean nothing to me over the net and this is how I perceived your curator after reading the following.

You said, I progressed from a worm and even French which was meant by Rik to be a stronger insult via Dutch scum to a wild Serbian warrior.
Not bad result I think from two days of discussion.

No rebuttal, you didn't even flinch, I just found that paragraph comical,...Oh well
Rnm4, that was a little too much for me though I did manage to finish high school, barely. What the hell does it all mean? Just translate it into "Kentucky English", will you?
No, France won't take them back, but if they want to become a new French province France might agree.
Nandric:

Since you and I are now friends, I would like to offer my apology for calling you french. I know we exchanged insults 'in the heat of battle', but there is never a reason to call a non-french person french. That was uncalled for and way beyond the pale. Peace.