Some tables have soul and some not

Why is that? Do you think it is always very subjective?
Say, Nottingham Spacedeck does have it and SME does not even if in some respects SME can be called a better or depending on model much better table.
Thoughts, opinions, name callings ?
inna
Dear Orpheus, What 'metaphysics' means is an inscrutable phylosophical issue. To reduce the complexity Quine wrote an article about 'On what there is'. Aka the ontological question about what kinds of beings there are. Stated in quantification terminology: 'there is some x such that...'
Well we need to put same name in place of the variable x to make sense of such a statement. As I already mentioned the problem is not the 'sense' but the reference. To be truth functional an expression needs both: the sense as well as the reference. The 'soul' obviously lacks the reference.

Regards,
I think you are all talking gibberish. What's the point of this discussion, to see who can use the 'biggest' words that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question, which is itself silly. Hell, it's just stereo. And TURNTABLES at that!!!!
In "audiophilic" terminology the word "soul" is synonymous with life. I suppose in that context, it could be used in some instances in regard to classical music; however, it is also commonly used in regard to a "genre" of music. In the context in which the word is used in regard to the TT, I would translate that to "does it generate life to the music?"
Dear Nandric, I'm still pondering your post, I'll get back to you in about a year on that; in the meantime "stay cool".
Dear Rok2id, To explain the 'point of this discussinon' I
will use this example. This also may explain the difference
between the sense and reference. We in Europe spend a huge
amount of money for the collider in Cern. The 'point' was
that the meaning or the sense of Higgs particle was clear
to any particle physicist. Ie what the contribution of this particle is to the theory . However no physicist knows if this particle exist. Aka if the name 'Higgs particle' has a reference. To answer this question we spend
all this money. If this particle can't be find the whole theory will colapse. Such is 'the force' of reference. You are of course free to explain to us what 'soul' refers to.
I assume that you will produce (then) some 'gibberish' of your own making.

Regards,