Pressing Issues

What is the issue when you can hear the upcoming music in-between quiet passages on an LP? Is there a specific name for it? Is it just a pressing issue, and/or could it also be an issue with a needle? I did a little Google-ing but I haven't found the answer yet.

Thanks in advance!
pure_brew
Perhaps it is a manifestation of the "future absorber-past absorber" theory of radiation proposed by Fred Hoyle and his associate J. Narlacar [sp.?] in which events radiate equally into the past and future.
I had a LOT of this manifestation, with my previous turntable. Especially playing the MFSL issue of 'The Dark Side of the Moon'(most noticeable at the beginning of, 'Breathe'). Not a trace of this, with my VPI clamping system, and acrylic/lead platter(volume cranked/no other changes in system).
Elizabeth,

I was going to say the exact same thing, but yo beat me to it. If the pre-echo plays at anything less that one full rotation of the LP before the actual sound, it's not a vinyl issue. It's bleed through. My reel to reel tapes consistently show this phenomenon. It would not be heard on reel to reels if it was strictly a vinyl issue.

It may not be heard on a CD as they may delete the silence at the beginning of a track where bleed through was evident and replace it with a gap or actual silence.
Rodman, it seems like we may be able to stabalize this affect, but it may mean that we're simply damping the walls of the grooves to absorb and prevent the unwanted affect.

What I'm hearing every time, seems to support Elisabeth's adjacent track idea of one revolution away. It's my thin wall theory, or perhaps it's the composition of the vinyl, I don't know.

In any case, I think we need a better manufacturing standard, because I believe this is the cause of this unexpected result. Otherwise, just suck it up and enjoy.
Direct metal mastering was one way to get around the problem when bleed through was due to the cutting process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Metal_Mastering