CPI super platter vs. Classic aluminum platter

Have you compared both? Which is best performer?
hiendmuse
Hiendmuse...I also have a Superscout/rim drive with Classic platter and 3D arm. Harry told me the difference between ours and the very top of the line VPI direct drive is almost non existent.
It is pretty close Stringreen, but the Direct Drive is in a class of its own IMO. I've heard it on a few occasions. The Classic Platter fitted with the inverted oil-pumping bearing Harry which had made for me sounds even better than the standard Classic platter I had previously as the new platter spins with less resistance and more ease using a few drops of light synthetic oil instead of the Super Lube or white lithium grease.
Interesting. Notwithstanding any possible theoretical advantages, I have never understood the practical advantages of inverting the bearing. Like many other changes, I wonder whether its main purpose is reducing production costs.

The original non-inverted bearing sits in the bottom of a pool of light synthetic oil and has no need for pumping. Simple and efficient. I use Slick 50 Synthetic, which used to be a factory recommendation.
Harry told me that he could make me a non-inverted bearing but did not recommend it, from an engineering standpoint, he said the non-inverted bearing will want to move after 6 months. The inverted bearing is more stable.
That's just so much BS. Of curse he can make a non-inverted bearing. He did so for many years. There are VPI tables made with non-inverted bearings that have been working perfectly for almost 40 years. Not to mention tables of other manufacturers. They are much easier to keep properly lubricated. Perhaps that's why they last so long.