Help Me Build a Vinyl System

Hi , I am new to Vinyl and wanted to get one. I dont know the basics and want to start this hobby. I need help in building my system and want suggestions of getting decent turntable and other equipment needed. I have the following Now with me

Speakers: Vandersteen Quatro
DAC: Audio Research DAC7
Pre: Audio Research Ref 3
Amp: Parasound JC1
veerapaneni
I want to spend less than $5000 for this . I mostly listen to Jazz and classical Music. only 5-10% of my mysic is Bass heavy. Planning to buy used equipment to start with.
In your other post,Help me build a second system for 10,000.00,your main system consist of HT Oriented ,Paradigm S8 speakers, Did you sell them?

My main system is more of HT oriented
Paradigm Signature S8 Speakers (matching center and surrounds )
Anthem D2v
Parasound Jc1 (For Main Speakers)
Parasound A51 (For Center & Surrounds )
<5,000?

The Sota I own is a Star - AGon used but like new $1,250
The SME I own is the Series IV - AGON used but like new $1,000.

Retail for these 2 "like new" items about $5,000, paid $2,250. Plenty left for a good cartridge AND phono pre if needed.

Sorry for coming on strong, just a personal affection i have for Vandersteens, Sota, and Tubes (Conrad Johnson for me)

Good luck with whatever you do.
The Sota Star/Sme4 recommendation is a solid one. Also consider VPI Classic 1 combo. The Lyra Delos is a great cartridge at a reasonable price. Other cartridges to consider in that range are Benz Micro Glider II, Dynavector 17d3, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze and 2m Black,

You will also need a phono preamp if you dont have one. there are very nice ones in the 500 to 750 range, or maybe a board for the ARC.