Natural, musical, dynamic phono preamp 700 used

Hello fellow analog enthusiasts. In my quest for a better phono preamp I must ask everyone this question -

If given $500-$700 to spend on a phono preamp which can run moving magnet and moving coil (or just moving coil) which would you choose?

Must be:

Tonally accurate
Musical
Dynamic

Not Dark or clinical/cold sounding

Replacing a Grado phono preamp which is ok, but I think I can do better and it can't do mc anyway.

Possible Contenders -

-Modded PS Audio GCPH (stock form was awful sounding imo, so the modded unit would be a leap of faith but heard they were good)

-Dynavector P75 MK2

-Sim Audio Moon 110LP (amps are too cool for me but heard their phono stage was decent)

-Used EAR 834P (getting on in age so not sure about this one)

Probably more I am not aware of, hence the reason for the thread.

Thanks and Peace
jeremy72
Thorman, thanks. Heard good things about the JLTI also but never seen one on the used market.
Get a Jolida JD9 brand new about $500.00 and put $200.00 worth of mods into it. See JD9 thread on audiokarma re mods. Great phono preamp for the money.
I owned an Audio Research Ph3 for a few years and sold it. I bought it for 750 used and it was very musical and dynamic like alot of ARC equipment is. I kick myself for selling it!!
Great, I thought I had reached my decision and was going to go with the GCPH. No it sucks and I would need to spend another 4-500 to modify it?

Do the experts here concur or is this gentleman mistaken in his assessment of the GCPH?
The stock GCPH is not so hot sounding. At least the one I heard, far from musical and tonally pleasing.

Not sure about the totally modded units though like from Underwood Hifi and the like.