Esoteric K-03

Thinking of buying the K-03 used but have read a few complaints about noisy transports. If I should buy used and inherit a noisy unit not sure if Esoteric would be willing to service it...any thoughts or experiences please.
allstream
I've only had 2 issues with Esoteric (not noisy transport, 1 video board and 1 DSD module) going back 5 years. I can tell you they went out of their way and then some to remedy my issues. I own a P-03U/D-03 still since late 2006 and have no issue with noisy transport. I've also heard no feedback of the kind with the K-03, K-01 or later P units. You should also audition the K-01...
I had a K03 you could hear across the room. Had K01 that made some noise when warming up and was then quiet but not completely silent. As far as service goes, they will most likely look at it for you, but it will probably come back untouched unless it exceeds the normal "acceptable" amount of noise. What that "acceptable" amount is I have no idea. Digital inputs make no noise... Really think DLNA server type device is the way to go nowadays- but that's just my opinion. never mess with the shiny disc again after it's ripped- control the server from your smart phone while you search for other things to waste money on.... Use your turntable when you actually want to listen.
@ Hessec, Hi, thats not really a bad idea, both of our smartphones are the best available, and yes, they have DLNA capabiltys!, what servers you like that have this DLNA?