Grace F-9

Wondering how to tell if a F-9 cartridge is a high or low output cartridge? thanks
rnadell
Well thanks to all, it appears the 5.5mV f9 is only for the F9L only. It would still be nice to know if the 5.5 mV cartridge is marked differently.
I don't think any cartridges are marked with this spec that I know off. If it helps the 9L body is gold compared to the others that are silver. The 9l has a clear acrylic frame for the stylus, 9E green frame, ruby red frame and I think there is one with a blue frame too.

Brad
I think what people are trying to tell you is that the difference between 3.5mV output and 5.5mV output is not going to make or break the match with the gain of your preamp. If your preamp works with only 3.5mV in, it will work fine with 5.5mV, and vice-versa. For that matter, it will work with any and all "normal" MM cartridges. The diff between 3.5mV and 5.5mV is less than 2 db.
The diff between 3.5mV and 5.5mV is less than 2 db.
Lew, make that "less than 4 db." As I'm sure you realize, it would be calculated as 20 x log(5.5/3.5) or 20 x log(3.5/5.5).

Which of course is still consistent with the rest of the statements in your post.

Best regards,
-- Al