SME 20/12 with V 12 VS Sme 30/2

As you prepare to purchase SME 20/12 with V SME 12 with great discount . I was wondering if you have heard and perceived differences with the SME 30 / 2 to move the balance towards the latter model, the network there is very little
thanks
citrobacter
The latest issue of Absolute Sound has a review of the latest version of the SME 20 Mk3 that states that it is much closer to the sound of the 30 so you might get some ideas from what they changed or even buy the new pieces to upgrade your model. I know it is quite a bit heavier now.
Manitunc - The changes to the SME 20 in the Mk3 version are solely those that give it more mass and weight - heavier, thicker chassis, subchassis, and platter. Otherwise it is the same design as the 30/2.
Gordon - No, it cannot. The chassis, subchassis, and platter are different weights and thicknesses. You would be paying basically for most of the Mk3 without getting the whole table. SME does not make 'upgradable' products. You can only do that by buying a different model.
The TAS review of the 20/3 also mentions an improvement from the new black platter mat material and some differences in the suspension towers and main bearing improvement. I also had thought it was just a thicker platter and chassis, but there is more to the 20/3 than that. My sense is that it is considerably closer in performance to the 30 now, but at $14,000 it is MUCH less expensive. It is probably, THE value in the SME line. I would like to hear it.