Advice on first MC cartridge

I have a Merrill/Scillia modded AR tt with a Rega (moth)301 arm, AT 150-mlx
cart and Ray Samuels Nighthawk phonostage. I like the cartridge but would like to try moving coil in the $1k-2k new or used range. I really like the musicality of this cartridge but think I could get more detail, extension etc. Anyone with a Rega tonearm that has a good match with a higher end Dynavector, Ortofon,
Lyra, Clearaudio etc. Any advice appreciated.
George (my wife is auntjenof2)
auntjenof2
The AT33EV has already been recommended, and you might try the AT33PTG/II (a linear contact stylus as opposed to the EV's nude elliptical). The PTG has a much smoother treble that the 150, but tracking is similarly excellent. The caveat is that the compliance of these carts is not quite optimal for medium mass arms like the Rega so you have to be careful about isolation from footfalls.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT33PTG-Dual-Moving-Cartrige/dp/B00475S0BU

If you really want to spend in the $1-2K range, I'd try to hear a Benz for a very different, less neutral sound than the ATs, with more vibrancy in the midrange.
Stanwal - “AT 33EV, I had both it and the Denon and sold the DL-S1.”

Interesting! What did you like better about the AT 33EV over the Denon?

Bob
I sell the Audio Technica AT-33EV and the Denon DS-S1 walks all over it.

No contest.
Demon 103r -- add the heavy weight balance in the rear and a few gram weight to the head, thereby changing the overall mass of the tonearm and you'll be in heaven for under $500.

I did the on an RB300 with incognito wiring...