New 'Vinyl Flat' flattener?

Anyone tried one of these here yet, and your impressions/review, please?

I think I would look to do it with the optional sleeve/heat system myself.
mickeyf
Hello guys,

I am the one with the Steely Dan "Aja" LP that had a severe warp that Wntrmute2 was kind enough to use his Vinyl Flat on.

The Vinyl Flat did an excellent job of getting the LP back to a flat and listenable LP. I think the sound quality suffered by about 25-30%. The dynamics and extension seem to have diminished. The overall sound has less life and sparkle. I am sure many of you own this LP and know how good these tracks are. Lots of percussion, stellar guitar work, horn section with great musicianship and vocals.

I would like to thank Wntrmute2 for his time and patience while he had the LP in his possession. This was a serious warp and I would have thought it near impossible to play properly, Ever! It took a lot of time and several extended sessions in the Vinyl Flat. I am happy with the results. Thank goodness I have another clean and well produced copy of Steely Dan's "Aja".
ok everyone here seems to have experimented with lps,all good and well. but i`m concerned with 45s. i haven`t had any success with the groovy pouch at all. i had a stevie wonder i wish with a pinch warp in for several hours,no change. girl watcher ABC with a severe edge warp for several hours,no change. and an aretha franklin on checker with a few pinch warps on for 11.5 hours,no change. anybody want to comment on this? i`m wondering if i should use the oven. i did a 10 min on 170 with a pinch warp motown record with no effect either. also put 2 minor warped 45s in the groovy pouch for 3-4 hours with no change.
Bigrod62563,

Have you tired calling Vinyl Flat about this? I spoke with then when I had some questions about their products. They should be able to help.

One thing that is clear when using the oven is that you need to be certain that the temperature is accurate. Double check with your own thermometer instead of trusting the dial.
well i don`t have a thermometer so i`m assuming if it is not accurate it is probably higher. yes i spoke to vinyl flat. he said at 170 to be careful; to start at 10 and probably go for no more thasn 20 min. i put in aretha franklin on checker with a pinch warps for over 20 min and no affect at all. here`s my rub. everytime you see anybody here on the net talk about flattening records with any method,it always seems to be albums. and i can see that as albums are not raised in the center so the weight is on the whole record with direct contact and not just hovering over the middle of the record. the other thing is; vinyl flat`s sheet that tells you the heating and cooling times for the different labels and for usin in the oven gives the gram weight of the particular label. well,these gram weights are all for lps obviously no 45 would weigh 95 grams and up. even if a 45 was 2 0zs that would only be 56 grams. so if they experimented on 45s; where are the results for it?? i will try ther oven with some milder warps for however long. if i keep getting no difference,this item will be returned. has anyone here personally flattened out any 45s with more than a slight warp via any method? if in the oven,what was the exact particulars and results?