Graham Phantom Supreme?

Has anyone done a comparison between the Supreme and the mkII? Is it worth changing and expending the extra outlay?

The main revisions appear to be the bearing housing and an improved magneglide stabiliser (I think the internal wiring was up to a good standard already on the mkII)

There is a company called AudioMax Ltd (approved contractor?) which can perform upgrades from both Phantom I and Phantom II to the Supreme build.
Any experience of this conversion out there ?
Many thanks... :)
moonglum
The 9-incher works fine with the ring, I just have to be careful. And since my days (and nights) of staggering to the 'table to flip a record are long past, being careful isn't much of a challenge anymore. ;)

I only use the alignment jig to get started, then fine-tune with a Wally or Dentonarm's UNI-Pro, so that wouldn't dissuade me from the 10-inch wand. I might pick one up just to check it out.

Dertonarm: "As I said: look careful to the off-set of the headshell mounting area. It is correct only for the original 9" version."

I think what you meant is that the offset angle at the BEARING was originally designed for a 9" armwand. Matching bearing angle to headshell offset angle is to avoid VTA affecting azimuth. I assume the Supreme's bearing was angled at 23.431°, according to spec, to match 9" wand's headshell angle. I can't imagine they would make three different bearing housings for each wand length. It's probably too minute to bother most buyers but perhaps not a perfectionist like Dertonarm. :)

______
... wonder if the new adjustable jig is configured for each tonearm length ?

No. It is only right for 9"".
When you use it for 10" or 12" the alignment is wrong, but normally you can hear that in 5s.
For these lengths you should use a seperate alignment System.
I like that fat counterweight. Looking forward to the upgrade, whenever that actually happens. I'm on the list but was told recently that it won't happen before 2012. Mr. Graham is behind, I hear.