SME 20/3 or Oracle Delphi VI or Garrard 301

I am just about to buy a new table. I have happily owned an original oracle Delphi for 30 years! Choices are the new 20/3, Oracle Delphi VI or possibly a rebuilt Garrard 301. They all run about the same money.
The reviews and comments out there lead me to believe I will be better off using a non SME arm on the 20/3...I will probably go with a Graham Phantom. (I like the removable arm tube concept too) For now I will use my SME IV.
keep reading the SME detractors claim that the tables are lifeless. Not something you can accuse a Delphi of for sure. The HiFi News reviews of both tables are nothing short of glowing. As far as I can tell the Oracle is possibly more nimble and musical(?) while the SME is more "solid".
Your thoughts are welcom
mauidj
Mauidj,

I know the feeling, when I went to my bank to wire the payment for the BK I was asked what I was purchasing by this hot looking sweet young woman who was serving me, I said a turntable. She looked at me saying what's that, a bit of a discussion took place which then led to her to ask if I was married, I replied yup. I left and hopped into my AMG Roadster (which is my baby)and next to me was a new Bugatti Vynron which I really really like so to me it's all relative.

Just enjoy what ever it is, as you mentioned; "I just want to hear some vinyl again!"

Lewm, the "Beat" was $20K so if it's $26K now guess the extra $6k is due to setting up a dealer network. If that's the price now it's off my list.

Dev , Where exactly in my reponse did you read that I basically suggesting direct drive?
I ask because over on another thread you had trouble with someone else pointing out your ability to fully understanding what others have said, and they were right!

Now piss off you clueless arse.

In_shore, possibly I read the end of your response incorrectly so many offer snyd remarks and when I read your responce mentioning the names Steve Dobbin's, Mike Lavigne, Albert Porter" I know these guys are all "DD" lovers and you were saying you agree with them, if I was incorrect I do apologize for such.

That being said instead of you correcting me of such you seem to feel it is appropriate to name call.

Your whole eight threads posted wow!

I won't lower my self to your standards.
In_shore,

Well said. You managed to sum up my thoughts in one succinct sentence.
Thank you.
If you are considering TW you might also want to look at a Transrotor. I was firmly in the Oracel camp until I picked up a Transrotor Fat Bob a few months ago. A very superior bearing, even quieter in operation than the Oracle, which was the quietest I had heard to that point. You must get the magnetic bearing model, however, to achieve that silence. Excellent workmanship also.