SME 20/3 or Oracle Delphi VI or Garrard 301

I am just about to buy a new table. I have happily owned an original oracle Delphi for 30 years! Choices are the new 20/3, Oracle Delphi VI or possibly a rebuilt Garrard 301. They all run about the same money.
The reviews and comments out there lead me to believe I will be better off using a non SME arm on the 20/3...I will probably go with a Graham Phantom. (I like the removable arm tube concept too) For now I will use my SME IV.
keep reading the SME detractors claim that the tables are lifeless. Not something you can accuse a Delphi of for sure. The HiFi News reviews of both tables are nothing short of glowing. As far as I can tell the Oracle is possibly more nimble and musical(?) while the SME is more "solid".
Your thoughts are welcom
mauidj
I don't know anything about Artisan Fidelity. Is that an idler-drive turntable? In my initial idler frenzy, I bought a 301 grease-bearing chassis at about the same time I bought the Lenco. After I heard the Lenco, and realizing that upgrading the Garrard might cost a few thousand or more bucks and not sound any better than the Lenco, I sold the Garrard chassis without ever having heard it. So, I cannot claim to know that the Lenco is better or worse than a similarly upgraded Garrard 301/401. (I refuse to form any opinion unless I have had something in my own home system for audition.) That first Lenco had a Jean Nantais wood plinth. I subsequently sold it and moved on to make my own slate plinth for a nice used L75 I found on eBay. On my Lenco, I use a "PTP" chassis and an aftermarket bearing made by "Jeremy" in England. (All of the relevant info can be found on Lenco Heaven.) Actually, until I got into this craziness, I was like you; I very rarely ever changed my system. Maybe once every 4-5 years I would replace one component or another with something new. I never before 2-3 years ago owned more than one tt at a time or more than one tonearm or cartridge. For 35 years I have favored tube preamps and OTL tube amplifiers mated with ESL or other planar speakers. Still do. I am pretty boring and predictable in that regard, like Inna says.

Dover,

Why would you make the assinine comment that Oracle has been in and out of business a number of times. You obviously do not know of what you speak, and to defame a reputable, long standing manufacturer like that is just irresponsible and suggests that none of your comments or opinions are worth reading. Get your facts straight before you mouth off. Or if you beieve you are correct, then name at least two times that Oracle has been in and out of business. You would need at least two to say a "number" of times.
The Oracle is very well supported, and Jacques has supplied me with parts for my various Oracles a number of times, even though it was manufactured before his ownership, by his brother.
I really like ESL's...always have. Now that's what I call music!
Artisan Fidelity sell modified Lencos in really lovely looking plinths.
They advertise here...... http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1311228359&/Lenco-L75-DCHM-lignum-vitae-St
Boring and predictable are envious traits in this hobby IMO.
I'll check the Lenco Heaven site.......
Dover...wholeheartedly agree about Oracle.
Jacques is a true gentleman and he stands by his product like no other I have experienced.
He gives me so much help and time on a table that is 30 years old.
Now that's service!
That last post was aimed at Mauintunc not Dover.
Mauintunc....I absolutely agree with you.
Oracle are a real stand up company with a great and historically significant product. That incidentally, recreates piano like a real champ!