SME 20/3 or Oracle Delphi VI or Garrard 301

I am just about to buy a new table. I have happily owned an original oracle Delphi for 30 years! Choices are the new 20/3, Oracle Delphi VI or possibly a rebuilt Garrard 301. They all run about the same money.
The reviews and comments out there lead me to believe I will be better off using a non SME arm on the 20/3...I will probably go with a Graham Phantom. (I like the removable arm tube concept too) For now I will use my SME IV.
keep reading the SME detractors claim that the tables are lifeless. Not something you can accuse a Delphi of for sure. The HiFi News reviews of both tables are nothing short of glowing. As far as I can tell the Oracle is possibly more nimble and musical(?) while the SME is more "solid".
Your thoughts are welcom
mauidj
If it were me Id be looking at a Cosmos IV. Ive heard it next to SME 30 same arm cart etc. and while I have great respect for SME Id still take the Cosmos (also much cheaper)
You could also take a look at Brinkmann Balance that is for sale here. It sure should be impressive; Michael Fremer is unlikely to have said what he did about it unless it was something very special. Just add Schroeder arm and a cartridge and you will be set for real playback.
Is the rest of your system up to this level of performance?
There are also couple of SMEs with arms here. Less expensive though still expensive.
If I were you I would probably get the Brinkmann. SME is somewhat ordinary, so is Oracle.
I would guess that you want world-class table. SME 20 is not that, SME 30 perhaps.
Inna.....the system is Krell EVO-202, 402e and 505. into B+W 801. Pass Ono Phono.
You know what an Oracle sounds like and I hear the new Mark V addresses the bass shyness. I have owned an Oracle for over 20 years and have modified many times.
I know this is a pain but listening to all these tables is the only way you can be happy with a purchase.
Re: the piano piece,it must have been a bad pressing or a set up issue. On my table Piano music in a solo setting is natural and the decay is spot on. I enjoy many piano concertos on my Oracle rig.
I would include the Linnlp12 with Radikal/Dynamic(their dc motor and supply). You can listen to needle drops of it on their(and some others)forum. I mention this because you asked for more suggestions.