SME 20/3 or Oracle Delphi VI or Garrard 301

I am just about to buy a new table. I have happily owned an original oracle Delphi for 30 years! Choices are the new 20/3, Oracle Delphi VI or possibly a rebuilt Garrard 301. They all run about the same money.
The reviews and comments out there lead me to believe I will be better off using a non SME arm on the 20/3...I will probably go with a Graham Phantom. (I like the removable arm tube concept too) For now I will use my SME IV.
keep reading the SME detractors claim that the tables are lifeless. Not something you can accuse a Delphi of for sure. The HiFi News reviews of both tables are nothing short of glowing. As far as I can tell the Oracle is possibly more nimble and musical(?) while the SME is more "solid".
Your thoughts are welcom
mauidj
Mauidj - Despite a late rally for the Oracle by some, I've owned an Oracle with Zeta/Koetsu/custom power supply - loved it, but as soon as you put a piano piece on the wow became unlistenable. I think the SME 20/3 is in a different league. Buy the best you can afford, it saves money in the long run. PS I dont own an SME and have no bias. I own a Final Audio Parthenon - think top Micro Seiki behemoth on steroids but have a lot of respect for the SME.
Dover may I sugest you read the Mauidj opening thread.

"I have happily owned an original oracle Delphi for 30 years!"

So your statement is your opinion and in your set-up which is okay but what you have just sugested when you said;

"but as soon as you put a piano piece on the wow became unlistenable"

well do I really need to spell it out for you? REDICULOUS!

You "think" the SME 20/3 is in a different league. What the heck type of posting is that.

Good plug for your table.

First off....thanks for all the comments.
Of course I would love to listen to them but I live on Maui (yeh I know, it's a sad story!) and there's simply no way to audition anything in my system. There isn't a decent high end retailer in Hawaii let alone on Maui.
To fly to the mainland would be a no brainer...might even find a dealer that sells and can demo both....maybe.
But to what purpose?
What am I going to hear? How do I filter all the other unknown components out?
This is a crap shoot....I wish it weren't.
Heh Mauidj you live in Maui "hang loose"

You stated above you have loved your Oracle for some 30 YEARS so why not just get the Delphi VI and enjoy for another 30 YEARS.

or if you have the means, buy what ever table that interests you and compare at home and then sell off what doesn't do it for you.
Well, the man enjoyed his Oracle for a very long time and now wants something both different and better. Quite understandable.
Flying to the mainland and arranging multiple listening sessions would be a problem, I agree, especially in our time. I suggest you talk to members here in private, to those who are well familiar with what you might be interested in.
Or fly to London or Germany for a few days. They are big on analog.