One of my closest friends is gone.

Brooks Berdan died yesterday. I loved him like a brother. He was a legend in audio. I believe no man knew more about analog and turntables than Brooks. He was a kind, considerate and compassionate man. My heart goes out to Sheila, Brian and Jennifer. I will miss him.
narrod
My condolences ...family friends and audiophiles.....although I did not know the man...I feel there pain...

Lawrence
Brooks has been my friend for over 35 years. I am deeply saddened and shocked at his passing. Brooks was one of the nicest people you could have known. He always made you feel at home in his showroom, took the time to listen to your audio problems, and help you get the best out of your system. He truly had a passion for audio and we who knew him were fortunate to have shared it with him. He will be greatly missed and my condolences go out to Brian and all of his family.
This is very sad. Brooks was a complete gentleman. I only visited the store a few times over the last six years, but both he and Brian always remembered me. I always felt like "family" walking into the store. Brooks will be missed. My condolences to his family.
You had to appreciate a store that carried a wide variety of equipment, offered a top notch repair service to customers, and housed an analog museum. It helped even more that the people who own and operate the establishment are truly passionate about what they do and are truly a pleasure to deal with and know. It had been a while since I had seen Brooks, but he will be sorely missed.