Motor Controller ugrade for Raven One Turntable

Jeff, at Highwater Sound has said that owners of the TW Acustic Raven One turntable can experience a huge improvement in sound by replacing the Raven One motor controller with the controller from the Raven AC turntable.

Has anyone tried this? Jeff is the authority on the Raven turntables, so I am sure he is right about this. I am just curious to hear from any Raven One owners that have tried this.
slowhand

Blackburn,

Look forward to your responce and assistance.

Quickly weeding through your postings it appears that you might own a direct drive table, amps you mentioned in one thread you own are 12 year old ML2's, kindly let us know.

If you do own a direct drive table and this type of table design is your refference and flavour that you prefer than that assists in reading some of your past comments because from what I have heard direct tables offer a different sonic flavour and thats okay, so far any tables of this design that I have heard would not be my personal refference but just a second table to offer another sonic flavour in the end neither being right or wrong but just different and a prefference.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread with this info. but when I constaintly read someone being so opinionated I try to retrieve a little more info. to assist so to be on the same level.

Lewm,

I'm curious in relation to Blackburn's set-up because it's not just this thread but others I have read postings that allot of sarcasm is offered instead of being constructive, that being said I did read in one thread Blackburn said;

"30 plus Gs for my current front end is serious bread for anyone and right now I feel foolish."

curious to know, the norm is to share our experiences and compare, this is how we learn right.
Interesting thread.

The statement about the Raven one retail $6000 being worth $600 in build costs ? - maybe I misunderstood.

Anyhow - for those that experienced real sound improvement with a motor controller upgrade - I am willing to bet you will experience an even bigger audio nirvana boost going to an armpod. Real Raven experience on the Copernican thread.

The OP was looking for improvement in sound with this table. Reason for my post. Not trying to derail anything.

Cheers
I apologize for commenting above and not contributing to the OP's question. I only have limited personal experience with the AC motor controller. I have heard it under show conditions at RMAF 2010 and have heard the Raven controller on my friend's table, but I have not compared the two to each other.

I find the subject of motor controllers quite interesting. So rather than highjacking this thread any further, I have started a separate thread on the general subject in the Analog Forum.

Again, I'm sorry if my comments offended anyone.