Uni-Protractor Set tonearm alignment

Looks like Dertonarm has put his money where his mouth is and designed the ultimate universal alignment tractor.

Early days, It would be great to hear from someone who has used it and compared to Mint, Feikert etc.

Given its high price, it will need to justify its superiority against all others. It does look in another league compared to those other alignemt devices

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtnrm&1303145487&/Uni-Protractor-Set-tonearm-ali
downunder
This may cause some perplexity in our forum but the most
people own just one TT, one tonearm and (can you believe this?) just one cart. They may be totaly ignorant about the
existence of something called 'Mint tractor' but dispite of
this (probable)fact they may need exactly this one. One is free of course to compare 'apples' with 'pears' but only in
the democratic societys. I am originaly from some communist
society so I know how dengerous comparitions are.
But I shoud think that even in such a society one will be
allowed to recommend to the 'glorious workers' and even the
'glorious party members' the use of a Mint protractor.
However in the cpitalist society were some persons are able
to extract from other people the so called 'surplus value'
it is possible to own many TT's, tonearms and even more carts. So this Dertonarm knows very well for whom his protractor is meant. But that he needs to do examination
after so many years since he got his degree is very amusing.

Regards,
Dear Nandric, to my surprise the UNI-Protractor found several new owners the past 2 weeks who indeed have one tonearm and one cartridge only.
Apparently it is not only about universality and versality - but also about precision.
@Thom_mackris: thank you for your detailed and elaborate post.
I will be back home tomorrow night and will grant your post with the detailed response it deserves.
Apparently I have to clear up a few miss-understandings and miss-interpretations.
However - we have already 2 excellent volunteer reviewer's of the UNI-Protractor: Downunder and Halcro.
I am sure both will compare their UNI-Protractors with the other templates currently on the market and will share their findings here on Audiogon.
Right now I am 400 miles from home and it has been a long business day with 2 enduring meetings.
But one last thing: I am not a manufacturer - I have designed the UNI-Protractor and I am supervising the 1st production run.
My Audiogon ID was used to launch the introduction here on Audiogon on my request.
I did so, because the existance of the UNI-Protractor is a direct result of two fierce discussions here on Audiogon about tonearm geometry, I designed it to demonstrate in realis a few topics - and as Downunder put it: "looks like D. has put his money where his mouth is" (I REALLY liked that one !!).
More tomorrow.
Cheers,
D.

So all this talk of alignment has got me wondering. Anybody know what alignment HW prefers on the 9" JMW's? Is it also his own by his ears thing or something standard? The supplied jig only has one null point, which I have thought to be odd. I don't have the budget now for the UNI but I might get the Mint for the Scoutmaster since I do not when I will have my new rig.

Y'all take it EZ,
Robert