A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
A 9" arm can work but some acrobatics need to take place. IIRC, part of my pod needs to be directly below the sp10's skirt in order for it to work.

Dgob: I was the one who wanted to try an AT 616 underneath my pod. It was just a thought since I have an extra footer and wanted to make use of it. I haven't tried it yet since my TT (and I) is in purgatory.

Chris: don't tease me. Since I took my TT in for repairs, I have bought the AT 616's, another tonearm, 3 carts, 2 tonearm wires, 4 headshells, and had 2 pods designed and fabricated all geared towards a sp10 that may or may not ever be repaired. Deadline is the end of this month. Either I get it back or I go shopping for another one (hope that one works!).
Dear Lewm/Pryso: Thank you, appreciate that.

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Banquo363/Chris.

Apologies for the mix up on the AT616 and arm tower issue: a mix of old age and inattentiveness I fear.

Lewm,

Both my arms are 9" or less and work perfectly on the Technics SP10 Mk2. Don't let concerns about size stop you trying this all out. It's definitely worth it.
Lewm,

I will post photo's of the arm tower as soon as I can and let you know.

If you look at the design of Halcro's armpod, you can see how an off-set mounting hole can allow great flexibility (even more than my current arrangement) for mounting and locating any tonearm. Something for the future maybe.
Dear Lew, I think that an arm pod for a 9'' tonearm is more
difficult to make then for 10'' or 12'' arms; one need to
cut the part near the platter. But more interesting is the
question about the material and construction. On my Kuzma
Stabi Ref. Kuzma used a sandwich of two layers acryl and
one of aluminium between them for the plinth and two layers for the armbase; aluminium (1x), acryl (1x). But for
his XL model he used only brass. The XL is all about the
mass (demping?) but the esthetics was obviosly also important. I wish I could afford one. BTW the TT and the arm pod are seldom offered second hand in contrdisticion to
the linear arm. As I mentioned elswhere my Reed arm pod is
made from different layers : steel (2x);cork (2x); granite
(2x) and acryl (1x). So it seems to me that there are 3
possibilitys: mass demping, no demping and sandwich constructions of various kinds.

Regards,