1st song you remember???

OK, not a mindbender of a thread but a fun one.

The absolute first song I really heard and remembered
was the theme to Davey Crockett, which year...1954 or 55. I was either 4 or 5. 1st "rock" song: Blueberry Hill by Fats
Domino, 1955 or 56. I was at a friends house and he had a
much older brother who had this 45 record player playing
this song over and over. Funny how you remember things. By the way I did have a Davey Crockett coonskin cap with tail.
shubertmaniac
"Wipe out" and "Rubber Duckie". Oh god. There was one even before these, I remember a gold label 45 by two brothers I think, and that plastic thing that you put in the middle (in the hole) to spin on the RCA. I think my parents still have the record, I am going to have to look for it.

Thnx for bringing back the memories!!

Matty
An Irish lullaby my grandmother used to sing and hum when I was about 5-6 years old. At times I can still hear that beautiful song in my mind. Cheers. Craig
Since my mom dropped me on my head when I was a toddler & I had a fever of 105, my memory is very foggy as a little one. I remember sitting in our 1960 Dodge in the Bamberger's parking lot in New Jersey watching heat lighting & "Downtown" was on the radio. Or was it 1964 in Frankfurt, Germany, sitting in the same car? Just can't remember.
This from All Music Guide:
Gene Autry was more than a musician. His music, coupled with his careers in movies and on radio and television, made him a part of the mythos that has made up the American identity for the past hundred years — John Wayne with a little bit of Sam Houston and Davy Crockett all rolled into one.

The song I remember, "Back in the Saddle Again."

It is often said, "you had to of been there." He was on the radio before Bill Haley and the Comets or Elvis Presley. (And hey, I'm only in my 50's).