EMT 927 vs. Micro Seiki 5000 or 8000 - different?

Did any one test those machines in the same set up? What was the outcome? Idler-Drive in its best built quality vs. the well rated heavy belts from Japan.
thuchan
About the 'drag' and other 'characteristic' of the stylus
cantilever combo. As a lawyer I am used to speak for those
who are not able to speak for themself. So here are two
statements in the name of the combo:
a. 'we are not sure about the platters above 30kgr. but anything below that weight is no much for us (our 'drag')'.

b. 'we are scared to death by those small cleaning brushes
and prefer the softness of the Magic Eraser. We are very
fragile and sensitive combo.'

Regards,
This discussion regarding stylus drag is the reason why I sold some highly regarded belt drive turntables. I could hear them slow down during heavily modulated passages.

I didn't understand what was happening until i listened to a turntable that had the drive and speed accuracy to combat the stylus drag problem.

The turntables were a Garrard 301 and Technics sp 10 Mk III; but only after they were reengineered with heavy plinths or motor controllers or both to improve upon their weaknesses. The net effect is they powered through the record with dynamics and speed accuracy much improved over my former belt drive tables.

I drew the conclusion that all belt drive tables are compromised and cannot be speed accurate or very dynamic.

So in essence the stylus drag problem forced me to travel back to reexamine the old argument of which drive system is the most speed accurate and dynamic.

Not until I recently reacquainted myself with a belt drive turntable, the Micro Seiki RX 5000, would I even look at a belt drive design. I was certain you used a DD or an Idler so long as they were in a well engineered plinth with a good speed control device. But my recent Micro Seiki experience showend me it was dynamic as hell and with the surgical string speed stable.

I was very surprised and forced to once again admit there are no absolutes and be very careful before drawing any conclusions
Dear Logenn, The stylus&cantilever combo was obviously not
able to resist the temptation to 'show off'. Thy 'ásked' me
to correct the platter weight from 30kgr. to (about) 15 kgr. Ie we are informed that your TT has a platter of 16 kgr. So the only thing we can suggest to you is: throw away
those cleaning brushes if you still use them and use Magic
Eraser instead. Our possible death will hurt you more then us.
Regards in the name of...
Dear Logeen: Are you saying that in the Walker TT can we detect that speed non-stability due only by the stylus drag?
and are you saying that DD TTs like Technics needs adding " motor controler " to achieve shor time speed stability or is a misunderstood from my part?

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.