Opinions please re: the MM cartridges on Mus. Hall

I often see that Music Hall tables are not given a very fair deal when people make recommendations. I own an MMF 5 and believe the reason that they are not always highly regarded is because of the package deal by MH that includes a MM Cartridge instead of a MC (except the MMF-9)
Do you think the Goldring cartridges hurt the Music Hall image?
I also own a VPI Scout with a Dynevector 20X. Yes it is better, much better, but I wonder if I put the same cart and Phono stage on my Music Hall would it be a closer comparison? Or I could put the Goldring on the Scout and see what happens? What do you think ? Would the MMF 5 sound nearly as good and if not why not?
mechans
I believe the weak link in most package Turntable deals is the cartridge. I purchased a Debut III package and it came with an Ortofon OM 5E Cartridge. I was very disappointed with the sound. I changed the cartridge out to a Denon DL-160 and was very surprised how much better that table sounded. Switch cartridges around, it's fun and interesting.

PS. I hated changing cartridge until I got TT with a user removable headshell. Ah the joy of personal choices.
I had an MMF 5.1 and was terribly disappointed with the Goldring cartridge. I swapped out a few different carts including a Dynavector 10x5 MC and Shelter 201 MM both of which seriously out performed the Goldring. I wasn't faulting the table itself, which is excellent but did question Hall's choice of Goldring for his tables. To echo Vegasears, changing carts can be a pain and the leads on the Music Hall are very delicate. Use great care when swapping or a broken lead will result..sounds like I speak with experience huh?
I bought a Music Hall TT despite its "kit" packaging with a preinstalled cartridge. (Platter needs a better mat, too.) Wanting to be fair, I gave it a listen with the Goldring but found the sound disappointing, thin and not at all what my previous TT/cartridge had produced. It was worth the extra expense to have the cartridge replaced by the shop technician where I purchased the TT (Shure V15VxMR), delighted with the sound :)
I found that a Herbies mat on the MMF5 made a huge difference in the bass performance. OTOH, I HATED it on my Linn, so go figure. I would try a Herbies mat before doing any upgrades to the MMF5.