Raking Angle

Do you all setup you analog systems so that the raking angle of the stylus is perpendicular to the record surface? I'm having a hard time achieving such an angle due to the design of my tonearm and cartridge and believe this may be the cause of some slight sibilance in the sound.
jwglista
You can also put a spacer under the rear of the cartridge to change the rake. This will change the angle without moving the tonearm.
>>12-04-10: Wilson667
Audiofeil yes they are very different but they are both adjusted by the same means<<

I did not say they were adjusted differently.

What's your point?
I think the spacer would be the most logical choice. Any ideas on what would make a good spacer? I'm thinking maybe take some sheet metal, measure, and cut. Could insert more than one piece to get to the desired angle.
Jwglista,I use Scotch electrical tape.I start with pulling from the roll,then fold it at 1/4" lengths,or longer if desired.Keep folding until desired thickness is reached.I use that for spacing.Sometimes when things don't sound right,I put a couple of layers on the arm before mounting cartridge. If both aren't completely flat,it acts like a gasket filler material,and keeps vibration(rattle) down between arm,and cartridge body.Its cheap,you could keep changing thickness,and it works for me.Use extra care in tightening the screws.I don't think you need it very tight.I never had one break,but heard others have.
Just to get an idea of how much of a rake you need just fold a piece of cardboard under the headshell. Then you can use something permanent like the sheet metal you have in mind.