Herbie's vs. Hal-O's, Tube Dampers whats good?

Lots of tube dampers on the market. Some look pretty cheap and scary. Whats a good brand to buy? Herbie's and Hal-O look like they're well made. What about the orange ones? anybody know?
128x128zeal
How are the new 6H30's working out? I was told the 1979 ones are the best and I can get a pair for $275. Do you know what year yours are?
Ultra-rx gives the best extension of both top and bottom.
I find that they work very well for power tubes as well. Worth every dollar spent. Sometimes u dont know the potential of the tubes you are using until you have tried a few of the herbie lab tube dampers.

Hey, one tube damper is cheaper than any exotic cables!
The orange ones are silicone O-rings. You can get a bag of 100 for like $8 at McMaster. They will work, but most people think they don't work as well as some of these more expensive ones. They can handle heat up to like 600 degrees, so they won't melt, and no residue. I bought a bag and gave to a friend to try on his Manley amp. He compared them and ended up tossing them out for Herbie's. I've not done too much comparison as I used them all. I used the O-rings in places where Herbie's are too bulky.

FrankC
I've used both Herbie's and the orange silicone o-rings; both were an improvement over no dampers, but I could tell no difference between the two. Of course, that could mean my system isn't resolving enough, or that none of my tubes were microphonic enough to benefit from any advantage the Herbie's might have. One thing was clear to me; from a cost/benefit standpoint, the orange silicone o-rings are hard to beat.

David