Does EAR324 phono stage sound like tubes ?

i like the idea of being able to adjust the loadings of the phono stage... but does ear 324 sound anything close to being tubes ?
anyone who has would appreciate it- also considering the 834p or 88pb but the tube swapping is a bit hassle for finding good nos tubes...
the different load settings seems a good idea.
thanks !
nolitan
Those NOS Ei(A-frame) were no longer produced. Tim didn't tell me where to source them. Look for Amperex Philips PCC88 (A-frame) you may find they looks very similar.

Q: In what ways does the tele better the stock tubes even just the two front tubes ?

A: I am now using Telefunken in V1, V2 & V4, Siemens in V3. Everything becomes more precise. Good recordings become more authentic. Poor recordings are still full of recording defects. Accuracy in VTF, VTA/SRA, alignment become more significant. Differences between carts becomes more apparent. More important, I feel like sitting in a concert hall when playing some really good stereo recordings(mostly from 60's & 70's).

VBR
Dan
Thanks Dan- I dont think i would like my phono stage to be really revealing as what you have described.
It becomes too x-ray vision defecting the flaws of the recordings & one system flaws.
Thanks again though!
Thanks for sharing, Nolitan.

In my system, I do prefer the two transducers(cart and speakers)play the major role in establishing the so-called sonic signature(that's why I may keep buying more carts to "refresh" my system). In this case, turntable, tonearm &, hopefully, phono amp have to be as neutral & revealing as possible.

That's why I am confident when we optimize our LP setup, the carts I gave comment upon will perform very close to my descriptions.

I have my bottom line for so-called "neutrality and revealing"(if there are any actually), that is, at least 70% of my favorite records have to sound ënjoyable, musical, full of emotions and authentic.

Each of us may have his different approach. To me, the audio bug grown by top-end carts always bite me harder...

Dan
Dan

I understand your situation & I've come across with audiophiles and among friends with similar systems like yours.
And its enjoyable & to their lacking- to each his own.
Personally I would prefer a slightly more forgiving system -allowing one to play not so good LP pressing to very good audiophile type pressings...
Again- this hobby is so changing and evolving...

Thanks !!
Nolitan, actually I agree with you. OK, to make it clear...I have three separate TT/arm setups and any three of my carts ready to play at all time.

Shelter 901 & Denon DL-103SA is mainly responsible for records with poorer surface conditions. (Both are sturdy and stable on old-worn records)

ZYX Omega-S mainly for less ideal recordings or whenever I want a bit smoothness and sweetness. And it's a little bit forgiving for poor recordings.

MY Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent mainly for the best recordings with the best surface conditions. If "set up & step up properly"(it seems not that easy for all inmates, though), the cart & phono combo is just the most "musically authentic" one(comparing to live performance, of course) I have ever heard. IMHO, MY Sonic Lab (including its OEM products for Air Tight)deserves vinylists' serious attention!

This's how I achieve what I want the presentations. Again it's a different approach...;)

Dan