Does EAR324 phono stage sound like tubes ?

i like the idea of being able to adjust the loadings of the phono stage... but does ear 324 sound anything close to being tubes ?
anyone who has would appreciate it- also considering the 834p or 88pb but the tube swapping is a bit hassle for finding good nos tubes...
the different load settings seems a good idea.
thanks !
nolitan
Thanks Dan- I dont think i would like my phono stage to be really revealing as what you have described.
It becomes too x-ray vision defecting the flaws of the recordings & one system flaws.
Thanks again though!
Thanks for sharing, Nolitan.

In my system, I do prefer the two transducers(cart and speakers)play the major role in establishing the so-called sonic signature(that's why I may keep buying more carts to "refresh" my system). In this case, turntable, tonearm &, hopefully, phono amp have to be as neutral & revealing as possible.

That's why I am confident when we optimize our LP setup, the carts I gave comment upon will perform very close to my descriptions.

I have my bottom line for so-called "neutrality and revealing"(if there are any actually), that is, at least 70% of my favorite records have to sound ënjoyable, musical, full of emotions and authentic.

Each of us may have his different approach. To me, the audio bug grown by top-end carts always bite me harder...

Dan
Dan

I understand your situation & I've come across with audiophiles and among friends with similar systems like yours.
And its enjoyable & to their lacking- to each his own.
Personally I would prefer a slightly more forgiving system -allowing one to play not so good LP pressing to very good audiophile type pressings...
Again- this hobby is so changing and evolving...

Thanks !!
Nolitan, actually I agree with you. OK, to make it clear...I have three separate TT/arm setups and any three of my carts ready to play at all time.

Shelter 901 & Denon DL-103SA is mainly responsible for records with poorer surface conditions. (Both are sturdy and stable on old-worn records)

ZYX Omega-S mainly for less ideal recordings or whenever I want a bit smoothness and sweetness. And it's a little bit forgiving for poor recordings.

MY Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent mainly for the best recordings with the best surface conditions. If "set up & step up properly"(it seems not that easy for all inmates, though), the cart & phono combo is just the most "musically authentic" one(comparing to live performance, of course) I have ever heard. IMHO, MY Sonic Lab (including its OEM products for Air Tight)deserves vinylists' serious attention!

This's how I achieve what I want the presentations. Again it's a different approach...;)

Dan
DAN,

If budget allows, that is a very ideal approach. that way you got the situation covered as the vinyl presses of past and present are very different and different carts reacts differently to each different pressings.
Cool set-up!