Is the Basis 2001 a solid enough table to keep.

If I bought a Basis 2001 table only, could I make it a great turntable with the addition of a well thought out arm and cartridge combo? Or not try to re-invent the wheel (My first turntable in 20 plus years). Or should I try buying a complete setup i.e. Nottingham Space Deck w/space arm or VPI Classic?
Thanks, Greg
gandme
Have you thought about a complete Basis setup with their Vector arm? Their TT's are designed to be easily upgradeable. Check out their website - basis audio dot com.
Some years ago I did listen to a comparison with that Table and a rewired Rega RB300 Arm, it was much better (tonality, detail, simply more real..) than well known combinations 5x more expensive. But it doesn't look that "important", it has the brain inside. I think you can upgrade it with Suspension and so on.
Same motor as the top of the line Basis tables. A Vector would be the best arm for that table. I owned an older model 2001 for a couple of years and it was a solid performer. As you move up the line into the thicker, heavier platters the bass impact improves.