Clearaudio Double Smart Matrix or Loricraft PRC4

Anyone with exspearience with these two specific units shed some light.

I don't currently have much of a record collection but looks like I will, just got back into vinyl and really enjoying so a really good cleaner is important to me.

The Clearaudio; I like the idea of cleaning both sides at the same time but just not sure if there will be issues with that down the road and really just how good of a job does it do. How quiet is it compared to the specific Loricraft I'm looking at.

The Loricraft; I like how it uses that thread for cleaning, a freind has the PRC3, a few years old and seems to be very happy with and says it does a great job, I saw him do a record and it really didn't take all the long but was pretty load to me anyways once the vacuum was put on. Maybe I don't even need the model I'm looking at, put the $400 into some music, maybe the PRC3 MK2 would be sufficient.

Thoughts....

128x128dev
A Point nozzle Design was made for professional use in radio stations, libraries and so on. They are concentrated on the grooves to remove the fluid, always with identical top result, no matter how many records are cleaned. They can't be so fast, but they are better.
Those other designs are faster, the cleaning result is not identical, but good enough for most records. The slot vacuum is across the whole side and after 2 or 3 turns it is done.
The Loricraft is not really silent, but silent enough, no problem. In a way it is a decision what you want to have, speed or a superior removal of the fluid with the dirt in it...
(I went from such a Slot Vacuum Design to Point Nozzle and never looked back...)
I own a Loricraft PRC4 and considered the Clearaudio prior to purchase two years ago. No doubt the Clearaudio is faster and quieter. Once I gained a little experience, the string has not been an issue. When directly compared prior to purchase, I thought the Loricraft did a better job cleaning and that made my decision easy. I currently use the Audio Intelligent 3 fluid process and have cleaned over 3,000 records in the past two years without a hitch.
Def not a better clean! Professional, give me a break, who is the pro vinyl spinner today, a dj? I owned BOTH! Let me repeat,"I owned BOTH" and not for just a few days. I had the PCR4 for over a yr. I have the matrix now for almost two and would not part with it. there is NO comparrison. I do not own stock or any other clearaudio equip. I am considering the goldfinger cart though. With out hesitation, hands down double matrix beats in every way except noise level. And that is not any big deal. Choose as you wish, no offense to the above, the double matrix cleans as good/better and with steam, deffinitely better. And it is a pleasure to use and look at. My wifes favorite looking equipment and that is saying a lot.
The few small problems with a machine such as the Clearaudio Double Matrix, or Smart Double Matrix are this:

Yes, one gets convenience of doing both sides at once. The problem with such, is the underside of record cannot have fluids applied, and then let soak for a period of time. The simple reason is gravity. The same applies to machines like the Nitty Gritty, in that if you wish to allow a record's surface to soak, it must be done off the machine.

And, the other, is if you wish to use multiple step cleaners, and/or a rinse step, again, you have a problem due to the same features.

At least in the Loricraft-Keith Monks arrangement, one can concentrate on cleaning one side at a time, use multiple steps, and rinses no problem.

The VPI 16.5 is of course the price king option at $500. This leaves lots of money left over for a lot of other things.

Another, with better features, and build quality, would be the Clearaudio Smart Matrix. As I undestand it now, the new Smart Matrix is all aluminum exterior construction, not aluminum painted MDF. ($1000)

The Smart Matrix has reversible platter, and where many of the parts on the VPI are made of plastic-delrin, the Smart matrix uses metals.

The choice must be the end users, but with double sided cleaning machines, it would be a considerable waste of money, and could be called counter-productive then not using all it's whistles, and bells, by straying from a one step cleaner, which seems to be the intentions of how these machines are supposed to be used. Mark
Buy a manual cleaner, some good brushes and cleaning fluid(s). You'll save boatloads of money to buy vinyl.

Yes, it requires a bit of elbow grease and certainly more time but your records will be just as clean and most likely cleaner than an automatic machine.

Good luck.