Azimuth and the Fozgometer

Finally received the Fozgometer after a 2 month backorder. In the past I have always used a loupe and a front surface mirror to set the azimuth on my Tri-Planar with Dynavector XV-1S cartridge. According to the meter, I was very close to a correct azimuth. I wasn't prepared for the effects that a very slight adjustment would make. Nailing the azimuth has brought my soundstage into tight focus. I have never experienced this kind of solid imaging in my system.
I know that the $250 price tag is a bit steep for something that won't get a lot of use, but this is not a subtle improvement. There are other ways of measuring azimuth, that I am not very familiar with, but I would doubt that they are as easy to use as the Fozgometer.
128x128czapp
regarding the Fieckert software; Michael Fremer has done a seminar with Dr. Feickert at RMAF the last 2 years that i have attended. he showed graphs of how this software shows how the best crosstalk position compares with the best phase angle position with azimuth. it would be a coincidence if they happened to be the same.

info on Feickert software
I printed out the manual for the Fozgometer (thanks Nsgarch) after a bit of figuring to keep the pages in proper sequence -- first page blank on back side, then remaining pages back to back for 2/3 and 4/5.

It all seems pretty simple but I have a question about the inclusion to measure channel balance -- what is the value of that? Once you've gone through the procedure to set azimuth you're not going to change anything to adjust balance.

I can see where this would tell you if your aggregate balance of cartridge and phono stage was correct or not, but you can do that with a multi-meter. So, is there another purpose I'm not thinking of?
This is just a stab at the question: To set azimuth with my Signet, you first have to set the meter to 0 db for the channel that directly receives the signal from the test LP, so you can then measure the crosstalk in the opposite channel. When you do that in both directions, you have to have balanced the signal each time in that way in order to compare the crosstalk numbers (which are in terms of negative db, down from the 0 db reference). Perhaps that is what is going on with the Foz.
I admit I'm not as versed on these issues as you all seem to be. Having said that, here are a few remarks...

Adjusting azimuth by eye... That seems to be the preferred and less expensive method. My issue is, why is so much written about proper cartridge, tonearm, TT adjustment and their importance, but somehow azimuth adjustment is OK by eye? Just recently MF from Stereophile had a comprehensive article on STA, (stylus rake angle) and just 2 degrees off of the standard 90 degrees makes all the difference in the world. So my point is, if this is true, should we just use our eyes for azimuth as definative setup tool. As my system has gotten more resolute through the years, any "slight" changes are extremely more noticable. Therefore, why is it not acceptable to use a $250.00 device that will take one often thought about equation out of mind, so as to explore other issues?